The official ADF EMG "bug" and "ER" thread

Chris Muir

Jan 27, 2011, 7:36:52 PM1/27/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
The ADF EMG would like to start a new thread to allow members to "advertise" official ADF bugs and Enhancement Requests (ERs) to the group.

The goal of this sticky thread won't be to discuss and solve bugs (again, the guidelines of the EMG are clear, if you have a problem with a bug head to the OTN Forums and/or Oracle Support), but rather allow the ADF community contributors to let everyone know about an ADF bug or ER they've lodged with Oracle Support.

As somebody reporting a bug/ER, why would you want to contribute? Unlike the OTN Forums and blogs, where readers have to actively seek content, the ADF EMG is automatically posted to 500+ members, providing wide coverage instantaneously.  We're hoping this effort will proactively assist the community of ADF developers know of new and pressing issues that they may not yet have discovered.  We also hope subsequent community feedback and discussions could influence what Oracle will do with each bug/ER.

To contribute please follow these guidelines:

1) Use http://support.oracle.com to file the bug or enhancement request through a support request

2) If you don't have a blog where you've already posted the details of the issue, post a new JDeveloper OTN forum thread http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=83 with the title "Bug/ER: <bug or er-number>: <title>" with a short description and a request for comments

3) Post to this ADF EMG thread with a link back to your blog or the OTN Forum post.  Note we'll only allow bugs and ERs lodged with Oracle Support though, and an Support Request # is not sufficient.

We look forward to your contributions, and we hope the ADF community as a whole will benefit from this initiative.

Chris Muir

ADF EMG Moderator

Jean-Marc Desvaux

Jan 28, 2011, 1:30:48 AM1/28/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Good day Chris,

Good initiative !

Last year while referring an SR directly to Oracle to share how a bug we consider serious was poorly handled by Support, I said it would be great if SRs were filtered at first line to channel "serious" SRs to a "premier class" support line and the rest (which I suspect to be 80% at least) to a "second class" support line instead of having all SRs pushed directly and randomly to a support person.
Of course easier to say then to implement...as I suspect Oracle Support receiving tons of daily Jdev SRs..

This EMG thread is to me a kind of solution to it by gathering under a single thread important SRs and ERs to which we can expect more attention and feedbacks.
Maybe what will be also good to add to the guidelines is to post any important status update including SR closure in the related blog or OTN forum post.

In case we end with many bug/ER posts in EMG, don't you think a sub ADF EMG group with a thread per bug/ER could be better ?

Thanks.
Jean-Marc

Chris Muir

Jan 28, 2011, 2:36:06 AM1/28/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the support Jean-Marc

"In case we end with many bug/ER posts in EMG, don't you think a sub ADF EMG group with a thread per bug/ER could be better ?"

There are many ways we could approach this and has been discussed considerably behind the scenes before this post.  Let's keep it simple for now, let's also make a start, and we can improve/change at a later date if we see it necessary.

CM.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

--
Chris Muir

Oracle Systems Consultant & Trainer
SAGE Computing Services Pty Ltd
http://www.sagecomputing.com.au

Oracle ACE Director
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/index.html

Email: chris...@sagecomputing.com.au
Blog: http://one-size-doesnt-fit-all.blogspot.com/
Mobile/Cell: 043-828-6421
International: +61-43-828-6421
Gmail chat: chris...@gmail.com
Twitter: twitter.com/chriscmuir
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chriscmuir

Jan Vervecken

Jan 28, 2011, 3:50:47 AM1/28/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
Thank you Chris.

Yes, let's hope we can all benefit from this opportunity.

- see forum thread "ER : 9818095 : MAKING THE DESTINATION VALUE FOR A
TASK-FLOW PARAMETER REQUI"
at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2129763
- see forum thread "ER : 10268883 : DROP AS METHOD ACTIVITY ON TASK-
FLOW SHOULD ALLOW CHOOSING"
at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2129764

regards
Jan Vervecken

On Jan 28, 1:36 am, Chris Muir <chriscm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ADF EMG would like to start a new thread to allow members to "advertise"
> official ADF bugs and Enhancement Requests (ERs) to the group.
>
> The goal of this sticky thread won't be to discuss and solve bugs (again,
> the guidelines of the EMG are clear, if you have a problem with a bug head
> to the OTN Forums and/or Oracle Support), but rather allow the ADF community
> contributors to let everyone know about an ADF bug or ER they've lodged with
> Oracle Support.
>
> As somebody reporting a bug/ER, why would you want to contribute? Unlike the
> OTN Forums and blogs, where readers have to actively seek content, the ADF
> EMG is automatically posted to 500+ members, providing wide coverage
> instantaneously.  We're hoping this effort will proactively assist the
> community of ADF developers know of new and pressing issues that they may
> not yet have discovered.  We also hope subsequent community feedback and
> discussions could influence what Oracle will do with each bug/ER.
>
> To contribute please follow these guidelines:
>
> 1) Usehttp://support.oracle.comto file the bug or enhancement
> request through a support request
>
> 2) If you don't have a blog where you've already posted the details of the
> issue, post a new JDeveloper OTN forum threadhttp://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=83with the

John Stegeman

Jan 28, 2011, 4:07:05 AM1/28/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
See OTN Forum Post 64-bit bug on Windows 7 regarding bug #11686327, whereby a shortcut to 64-bit JDeveloper 11.1.1.4 doesn't behave properly when pinned to the Windows 7 taskbar. JDeveloper works fine,  but the icon doesn't show a "running process" correctly, leading to brain-dead developers (such as me) starting new instances of JDev all the time instead of switching to the currently running instance.

John

barra....@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2011, 4:16:31 AM1/28/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Good idea!

My contribution:

ER 10314251 - HIDING SOME AM INSTANCES IN THE DATA CONTROLS PALETTE

Regards,
Barry

On 28 January 2011 10:07, John Stegeman <John.S...@gmail.com> wrote:
See OTN Forum Post 64-bit bug on Windows 7 regarding bug #11686327, whereby a shortcut to 64-bit JDeveloper 11.1.1.4 doesn't behave properly when pinned to the Windows 7 taskbar. JDeveloper works fine,  but the icon doesn't show a "running process" correctly, leading to brain-dead developers (such as me) starting new instances of JDev all the time instead of switching to the currently running instance.

John

fnimphiu

Jan 28, 2011, 9:25:21 AM1/28/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group

I like this idea. I think at some point a voting on the listed bugs /
ER is required to get a ranking that PMs can follow up on when a new
PatchSet is planned. I am sure the inbound PM team will be happy about
such a help

Frank

On Jan 28, 10:16 am, "barra.one...@gmail.com" <barra.one...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Good idea!
>
> My contribution:
>
> ER 10314251 - HIDING SOME AM INSTANCES IN THE DATA CONTROLS PALETTE
> Forum discussion:http://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?threadID=2130777
>
> Regards,
> Barry
>
> On 28 January 2011 10:07, John Stegeman <John.Stege...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > See OTN Forum Post 64-bit bug on Windows 7<http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9317562> regarding
> > bug #11686327, whereby a shortcut to 64-bit JDeveloper 11.1.1.4 doesn't
> > behave properly when pinned to the Windows 7 taskbar. JDeveloper works fine,
> >  but the icon doesn't show a "running process" correctly, leading to
> > brain-dead developers (such as me) starting new instances of JDev all the
> > time instead of switching to the currently running instance.
>
> > John

Jan Vervecken

Feb 3, 2011, 8:27:28 AM2/3/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
fyi

- see forum thread "ER : 10429987 : HAVE MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION
NAVIGATOR IN JDEVELOPER IDE"
at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2150424
- see forum thread "bug : 7502373 : PAGEDEF FILES NOT CREATED UNDER
PAGEDEFS PATH FOR JSPX CREA"
at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2150425

tip : When reviewing the cryptic status codes for a bug or enhancement
request on My Oracle Support, bulletin 365605.1 , "Oracle Bug Status
Codes, Descriptions and Usage", could be helpful.

regards
Jan Vervecken

ugb

Feb 7, 2011, 3:01:36 AM2/7/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
hi,

my small wish to fix:

forum thread: task-flow table filtering behaviour related to bug
8602867

at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9281056#9281056

My SR is 3-2821765021.

Ulrich

Michael Koniotiakis

Feb 11, 2011, 7:33:51 AM2/11/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
This post is a really good idea; I wonder why I haven’t thought about
it :)

After having posted more than 100 cases in my blog http://adfbugs.blogspot.com/
and
after 4 patches I feel now that jdeveloper 11.1.1.4 and ADF is quite
stable and the bugs have been minimized.

Yet there is always place for improvements and new features introduce
always new bugs.

I will contribute here with the verified defects of my SRs.

Rollback does not refresh current row of af:table after validation
errors.
http://adfbugs.blogspot.com/2010/03/rollback-does-not-refresh-current-row.html
Bug 10412225: AF:TABLE LOSES CURRENTROW INDICATOR

I feel this is a very serious issue since it can make the user change
(or delete) wrong row.
Yet the SR response is ‘While I agree this is not nice, we won't get a
fix as it's considered as the expected behavior.”

Range paging and Table Selected Row Bugs
http://adfbugs.blogspot.com/2009/07/range-paging-and-table-selected-row.html
Bug 8673654: D8B4A-BLK:SELECTED ROW WITH RANGE PAGING WITH ADF TABLE
PROBLEM

The bug status is resolved in 11.1.1.2, yet it steel reproduce in
11.1.1.4.

ExecuteEmptyRowSet and Range Paging.
http://adfbugs.blogspot.com/2009/09/executeemptyrowset-and-range-paging.html
Bug 8890936: ESTIMATEDROWCOUNT ON ITER DIFFERENT AFTER
EXECUTEEMPTYROWSET FOR RANGEPAGING

Bug status: Fixed in Product Version 11.1.2.0.0

Partial Page Rendering ChangeEventPolicy="ppr" bug.
http://adfbugs.blogspot.com/2009/07/partial-page-rendering.html
Bug No: 7233400 AUTOPPR: TABLE REREFRESHES UNNECESSARILY
Bug status: Fixed in Product Version 11.1.2.0.0

Chris Muir

Feb 15, 2011, 7:00:03 PM2/15/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
As continuation of the ADF EMG bugs 'n' ER thread, FYI:

"Bug 10171693: Declarative Component Namespace Unknown on Application
Close"
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2176681

This bug confirmed under JDev 11.1.1.4.0 (and as early as 11.1.1.2.0),
on a Windows platform when attaching a Declarative Component ADF
Library across a Window network drive, including a declarative
component in a page, then closing and reopening JDeveloper, the
associated declarative component namespace is lost/forgotten, and the
component cannot be rendered at runtime. The workaround is for the
developer to reattach the ADF Library, which is a multi developer team
working on a large amount of ADF modules, is unfeasible.

This bug has been fixed in the mythical 11.1.2.0.0, and a backport has
been requested to 11.1.1.4.0 via SR 3-2820676521. At the time of this
post the backport has been placed in a development queue, awaiting
completion.

CM.

John Stegeman

Feb 23, 2011, 8:57:22 AM2/23/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Haven't got a bug number yet, but...

Double-click an attribute in the VO or EO editor (using 11.1.1.4) and immedately press the ESC key. "Severe Error" ensues

Jan Vervecken

Feb 27, 2011, 8:22:01 AM2/27/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
fyi

- see forum thread "ER : 10338256 : AF:ACTIVEOUTPUTTEXT IN TASK-FLOW-
CALL DOES NOT ACTIVELY CHA"
at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2182806

regards
Jan Vervecken

Jan Vervecken

Feb 27, 2011, 9:22:29 AM2/27/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
fyi

- see forum thread "ER : 6499930 : OTN: ACTION CHANING INA PAGEDEF
FILE"
at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2182808

regards
Jan Vervecken

Jan Vervecken

Mar 1, 2011, 4:00:16 AM3/1/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
Thanks John.

This seems to be bug 9574735, "PRESSING ESC WHEN "EDIT ATTRIBUTE"
APPEARS CAUSES NPE IN O.I.PANELS.MDDPANEL".

(Keep in mind there are guidelines in the initial post in this
discussion thread, also (1) and (2) are relevant.)

regards
Jan Vervecken

John Stegeman

Mar 1, 2011, 9:48:10 AM3/1/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
You are correct, Jan (bug is 9574735) - the bug was there, but it has just been made public.

Jan Vervecken

Mar 9, 2011, 9:32:57 AM3/9/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
fyi

- see forum thread "ER : 9292370 : ADF MANAGED BEAN AND EJB3
DEPENDENCY INJECTION IN ADFC"
at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2188365

regards
Jan Vervecken

Chris Muir

Mar 10, 2011, 12:49:22 AM3/10/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
I recently lodged SR 3-2820989431 bug 11679819 relating to the error
"No view port found with ID..." which is printed in the JDev console.

An existing OTN thread describes the issue:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9428160&#9428160

We were able to produce a successful test case, of which Oracle has
notified me the issue is not reproducible in the future JDev
11.1.2.0.0 and therefore is considered fixed. The issue is non
critical for us in JDev 11.1.1.4.0 so we have not requested a patch
backport, which would be hard to do anyway as Oracle isn't sure what
has removed the issue for 11.1.2.0.0. As the issue is considered
"fixed", I haven't started a new OTN thread to allow people to up-vote
the fix, but just documented it here.

Regards,

CM.

Jan Vervecken

Apr 5, 2011, 2:26:39 PM4/5/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
fyi

- see enhancement request 12320395, "JDEVELOPER SHOULD PROVIDE SYNTAX
HELP USING GENERIC IN ADF BC"
- feedback welcome in the forum thread "ADF BC generating API using
generic types"
at http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2201624

regards
Jan Vervecken

Younis

Apr 17, 2011, 10:31:10 PM4/17/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
I have another Bug, which I should admit I wasn't the person who have
raised (my hat goes to the person who did)
Bug 11886748

I have created a case on how to re-create it on 11.1.1.4

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2207986&tstart=0

My question is that it list that a solution is available in 11.1.1.5
and 11.1.2, however no firm dates are given on those, I would have
thought that there should have been a backport to 11.1.1.4 given the
severity of the issue. It is currently set to 2 (Severe Loss of
Service).

John Flack

Jul 20, 2011, 8:28:54 AM7/20/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
New bug in JDeveloper's offline database feature.  JDev 11.1.2 cannot handle a function based index based on a CASE or DECODE properly - it gives an error if you try to import a table that has one or refresh an offline table from the database when one is present.  It also won't let you add one by hand - no error message, it just won't do it.  This works fine in JDev 11.1.1.5.  This has been assigned as:
Bug 12682987: ERROR WHEN COPY SPECIFIC TABLE TO PROJECT

According to the bug report this is related to the word "NULL" in the result of my CASE or DECODE - the expression parser that validates the SQL in the index definition didn't consider NULL to be a valid expression.  The bug shows this as fixed in version 12.1.1.0.0.  I'd rather see it in an upcoming 11.1.2 bug fix release - but I don't suppose many JDeveloper users use the offline database objects, and even fewer have function-based indexes with CASE expressions.

SUSAN DUNCAN

Aug 1, 2011, 8:51:18 AM8/1/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com, John Flack
Hi John

This bug has also been backported to the next 11.1.2 release via bug 12710605

rgds

susan
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

Jan Vervecken

Aug 30, 2011, 3:15:22 AM8/30/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
fyi

- see forum thread "ER : 9377487 : TASK FLOW PARAMETER VALUES NOT VALIDATED ACCORDING TO CLASS"
at https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2270955

regards
Jan Vervecken

Jan Vervecken

Sep 28, 2011, 11:42:13 AM9/28/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
fyi

see forum thread "ER : 12731468 : PROVIDE OPTION TO SHAPE WHAT GOES
INTO AN ADF LIBRARY"
at https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2291270

regards
Jan Vervecken

Sten Vesterli

Sep 30, 2011, 9:06:41 PM9/30/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
List of bugs fixed in 11.1.2.1.0 (Build 6081) from September 22, 2011:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/jdev-11gr2-nf-404365.html#bugs_fixed_in_11.1.2.1.0

Jan Vervecken

Nov 17, 2011, 4:28:39 PM11/17/11
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
fyi

- see enhancement request 13402635, "HOW TO DETERMINE WHICH EXACT VERSION OF JDEVELOPER HAS BEEN USED IN AN ADF APPLI"
- feedback welcome in the forum thread "which version of JDeveloper has been used"
at https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2310581

regards
Jan Vervecken

Chris Muir

Nov 22, 2011, 3:32:39 AM11/22/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
FYI

- Bug 9682969 - IE 7: GRIDLINES BETWEEN EMPTY CELLS ARE MISSING IN
TREETABLE

- Bug 12942411 - AF:TABLE + AF:COLUMN BORDER MISSING FOR NULL
AF:OUTPUTTEXT DATES UNDER IE7

See: http://one-size-doesnt-fit-all.blogspot.com/2011/11/adf-bug-missing-afcolumn-borders-in.html

Regards,

CM.

Michael Koniotiakis

Dec 21, 2011, 2:27:15 AM12/21/11
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
Hello
I would like to post also Bug 9316480: LOV AUTOCOMPLETE USES LIKE OPER
FOR NUMBER, CAUSING FULL TABLE SCAN
It is logged as Enhancement Request.
The actual issue is that when a value is typed in an 'input list of
values' component, then a query with LIKE operator is executed in
database. This has performance issues.
Also even if a valid value is typed the LOV popup will open if other
values that start with the entered value exist. this causes
frustration to users and delay in heavy duty data entry operations.
The Requested behavior in general is the following:
When the user type any value and press tab then
If the exact value is found then the value is accepted and the LOV
does NOT open
If the exact value is NOT found then the value is not accepted and the
LOV open
The rest of the LOV functionality can be the same as it is now. only
the condition to open the LOV is required to have the option to change
Also the important issue in this behavior is the query that is created
to find the typed value should be with equal operator.
This behavior could be optional (in design time) by a check box in
View object LOV accessor i.e. 'Use exact match for validation'.
in the specific example

Regards
MK

Michael Koniotiakis

Feb 17, 2012, 7:38:23 AM2/17/12
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
Hello,
We have many requirements from our customers that concerns the tab
order, the Focus on ADF components, and shortcut keys

These requirements can only be applied with java scripting which in
many cases it is challenging, like
--> Focus should be in the first input component in a new row after
insert operation is performed (they want this in all editable tables).
--> Focus to be inside query criteria when query page opens
--> When a value is selected in an input list of values field the
focus to move to the next input field.
--> When you focus out the last field of the last row of an ADF table
a new row to be created (there is no focusOut type for client
listener)

These are logical requirements that users have used to have in client
applications, yet they cost too much to develop with java scripting in
each component.

It would be really useful if some of this functionality was added to
ADF Faces components, or a declarative way existed in order to define
this behavior.

Regards
MK

Duncan Mills

Feb 17, 2012, 9:00:04 AM2/17/12
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
The big issue with the simplistic solution to this (which in the case of tabbing  is a tab order attribute on inputItems) is that it totally breaks down when regions and declarative components come into play.  This enhancement has come up several times and once you start to think about the kind of dynamic UIs we now build you realize that there is not a trivial solution. How do you deal with two items in different regions asking to be no2 in the tab order?
If you have two regions side by side would you expect tab to work horizontally across the screen even if that means navigating in and out of regions. And so on.
Duncan

Duncan

MK

Jan Vervecken

Feb 17, 2012, 12:53:54 PM2/17/12
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
hi Michael Koniotiakis

In the initial message in this discussion thread [1] Chris Muir wrote
a section "To contribute please follow these guidelines".
Please adhere to those guidelines.

- [1] https://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology/msg/70535c04f206114b?hl=en

many thanks
Jan Vervecken

Hyangelo Hao

Feb 18, 2012, 9:38:34 AM2/18/12
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
We have those requirements as well. I think it is a common one. Yet I
agree with Duncan that this is not a trivial problem. It used to be
when pages were just pages. But with the introduction of pages,
partial page render and regions this problem becomes almost impossible
to solve at the framework level.

With that said, I think there are a couple of enhancements that ADF
can do to make life easier for us. Chief of that would be to add an
onFragmentLoad event. Having developed a couple of ADF Components, I
know this is not impossible at all. In fact, because regions are at
the most basic level also components, I would assume that such an
event is trivial to implement.

Chris Muir

Feb 20, 2012, 2:56:16 AM2/20/12
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for the suggestions. However a reminder that this thread is
not for posting or discussing a "wish list", it's for publicly
recording bugs and ERs that you have actually lodged with Oracle
Support as per the following instructions:
http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology/msg/70535c04f206114b?hl=en

What's the benefit of actually logging these with Oracle? There's no
guarantee that Oracle employees are reading this thread have the time
to respond to every post, and, Oracle provides paid Support for this
reason. Instead if you log them with Oracle Support they go through
the official channels, and then if you mention the bug/ER number here,
with a small description of what it was about, you help "publish" your
issues outside the black-box of support so others can put their weight
behind the issue.

If you do want a general thread on new features, just start a new thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

CM.

Chris Muir

Mar 27, 2012, 8:34:59 PM3/27/12
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to post notice that I'm permanently closing this "The official ADF EMG 'bug' and 'ER' thread" on the ADF EMG.  On a positive note this thread will be replaced by a new service for members in the next few days.  As they like to say on TV "Watch this space!" for an announcement of the new service soon.

For the record this thread will remain in the EMG thread list, still visible and searchable from Google, it will just be closed to updates & will no longer reside at the top of the thread list.

CM.
This conversation is locked