Ad-Block for Torch browser

Balázs Jedlicska

Jan 7, 2013, 6:21:53 PM1/7/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I just started to use the Torch browser, and I really like it, so I don't want to go back to the chrome. But the problem is, that I can't use the adblock on it, and the pop-ups are driving me crazy. So  I wondered: Is there any chance that you make the adblocker avaible for the Torch browser? It would be great!!

Thanks

A Torch user

aami...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2013, 9:52:31 AM1/14/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, j.bal...@gmail.com
I had the same problem, so I turned to their support team and they said that it's a bug that's supposed to be fixed within the next version.
So don't give up :D

anais...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2013, 7:40:38 AM2/22/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, j.bal...@gmail.com
Hi, I have the same problem now, Torch is amazing but the ads are driving me crazy, did u fix the problem, if u did plz tell me how?? thnx

Kieran Peckett

Feb 22, 2013, 7:59:20 AM2/22/13
to anais...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, j.bal...@gmail.com
According to Wikipedia, the latest version of Torch is based on Chrome 17. If this is correct, then AdBlock will not work as it needs version 23 or later. The reason behind this (I think - correct me if I'm wrong) is because we recently added support for Mac "retina" displays, which won't work on anything before version 23.

On Friday, 22 February 2013, wrote:
Hi, I have the same problem now, Torch is amazing but the ads are driving me crazy, did u fix the problem, if u did plz tell me how?? thnx

Emily Anderson

Feb 24, 2013, 3:41:34 AM2/24/13
to crazy...@gmail.com, anais...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, j.bal...@gmail.com

That’s not entirely true. I use the latest version of torch and I have adblock installed on it.

Version 4.2.31.15708 - Release Date: 02/23/2013

Kieran Peckett

Feb 24, 2013, 4:21:24 AM2/24/13
to aami...@gmail.com, anais...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, j.bal...@gmail.com
Which version of AdBlock are you using? Note that AdBlock Plus is
different to AdBlock.
> ooglegroups.com');> .

Kieran Peckett

Feb 24, 2013, 2:45:18 PM2/24/13
to anais...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, aami...@gmail.com

CC-ing the list so the AdBlock team gets those last 2 emails...

Also CC-ing Emily Anderson, who was mentioned in the second email.

On 24 Feb 2013 19:42, "Seniorita Nissa" <anais...@gmail.com> wrote:
yeah  +Emily Anderson can u plz send me the link so I can install it?? thank u...

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Seniorita Nissa <anais...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know it worked for my google chrome but I need it for torch I can't find adbloch that works, can u plz help me in this?? if u can...

Kieran Peckett

Feb 24, 2013, 2:52:53 PM2/24/13
to anais...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, aami...@gmail.com

Now adding my reply to the first e-mail:

The reason AdBlock doesn't work for Torch when you install from the Chrome Web Store is because AdBlock now requires Chrome 23 or later. Torch, I believe is based on chrome 17, so it will not work until the team at Torch upgrade the browser. As Chrome has an auto-update system, as long as we make sure that most people are on the most recent version of Chrome, we will make changes, such as supporting Mac "Retina" screens, which stop older versions of Chrome from working.

If you want to run AdBlock on Torch, you will likely have to contact the Torch developers.

Emily Anderson

Feb 25, 2013, 3:14:09 AM2/25/13
to Kieran Peckett, anais...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com

I think you should just upgrade your version and see if this works for you.

Like I said, I have adblock installed on my browser (Torch) and it’s the latest version as far as I know.

amit...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2013, 9:54:00 AM3/4/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, j.bal...@gmail.com

bol...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2013, 8:00:34 AM10/10/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, j.bal...@gmail.com
Sorry...but the AdBlock works very well on the torch on my laptop.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

tayfal...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2013, 9:39:47 AM12/17/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, j.bal...@gmail.com
i have adblock on my torch browser just add it from chrome web store

daniela daniela

Dec 17, 2013, 9:48:28 AM12/17/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com

In order to install on unsupported/ obsolete versions of browser one may get the crx and do it manually. The store, i believe, does not allow direct install.