Youtube ads in Safari?

Wolfen Amphithere

Jan 14, 2013, 12:52:06 AM1/14/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com
You guys used to have a great beta checkbox for "block youtube ads" in
Safari. The current version of Adblock doesn't seem to have this
option. Is this a potential issue with Adblock or Safari? (I'm using
Safari 5.0 on OSX 10.5, if that makes any difference). I know Safari
doesn't support blocking ads in non-Youtube videos, but the button was
working great on Youtube until it disappeared :(

Michael Gundlach

Jan 14, 2013, 8:55:52 AM1/14/13
to dawamp...@aol.com, Discuss list
AdBlock always does its best now to block Youtube ads in Safari.  We just removed the checkbox so you couldn't turn it off.

Are you saying that you get ad blocking on most pages, but on Youtube you don't get ad blocking?  That's definitely a bug.

Be aware that AdBlock in Safari can't block Youtube ads on channel pages or embedded videos on 3rd party sites -- only regular videos on regular Youtube.

Michael

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM, Wolfen Amphithere <dAWAmp...@aol.com> wrote:
You guys used to have a great beta checkbox for "block youtube ads" in Safari. The current version of Adblock doesn't seem to have this option. Is this a potential issue with Adblock or Safari? (I'm using Safari 5.0 on OSX 10.5, if that makes any difference). I know Safari doesn't support blocking ads in non-Youtube videos, but the button was working great on Youtube until it disappeared :(

hud...@webstermalibu.org

Mar 18, 2013, 2:59:15 PM3/18/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, dawamp...@aol.com
I'll second this, as will many others.  AdBlock used to block YouTube ads, but no longer does.  (It works fine on other pages).

andrew....@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2013, 5:02:12 PM9/14/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, dawamp...@aol.com
I'll be the third to mention this is happening as well, albeit a bit late. Current OS is 10.8.4, Safari 6.0.5 current Adblock...

Kieran Peckett

Sep 15, 2013, 3:51:33 AM9/15/13
to andrewp...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, dawamp...@aol.com
AdBlock's support site has moved! Go to http://getadblock.com/support instead.