Chrome adblock uninstalling itself

Bill Usry

Nov 3, 2012, 10:56:41 AM11/3/12
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com

I have not seen a resolution to this, though I have seen that other people also have this problem.  Adblock used to work flawlessly for me. Now whenever I exit Chrome (on Windows 7) and then open Chrome back up, Adblock is no longer present (not present on the addon page also). I have run virus scans and malwarebytes scans and they show nothing, so I don't think it is a virus.  I would be glad to help in any way.

Do you have a resolution?

Michael Gundlach

Nov 3, 2012, 12:12:59 PM11/3/12
to wru...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

Sorry for the trouble.  By any chance do you have a program installed that cleans up unwanted files (for example CCleaner?)  If you also install another extension, for example https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ghostery/mlomiejdfkolichcflejclcbmpeaniij , does it also disappear when you restart Chrome?

Michael

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Bill Usry <wru...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have not seen a resolution to this, though I have seen that other people also have this problem.  Adblock used to work flawlessly for me. Now whenever I exit Chrome (on Windows 7) and then open Chrome back up, Adblock is no longer present (not present on the addon page also). I have run virus scans and malwarebytes scans and they show nothing, so I don't think it is a virus.  I would be glad to help in any way.

Do you have a resolution?

Kieran Peckett

Nov 3, 2012, 12:15:16 PM11/3/12
to wru...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com

This sounds like it might be a bug - can you please go to http://code.google.com/p/adblockforchrome and follow the instructions under the "Issues" tab

Kieran Peckett

Nov 3, 2012, 12:16:18 PM11/3/12
to adblockf...@gmail.com, wru...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com

Ignore my last post, Michael got in quicker than me

Bill Usry

Nov 5, 2012, 12:22:54 AM11/5/12
to Michael Gundlach, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

Thank you for the reply.

I do have CCleaner, but it doesn't do anything unless I run it (to my knowledge).  Plus I have had CCleaner and Adblock coexist for quite some time with no issues.

I downloaded ghostery and installed it into Chrome.  I then closed Chrome and opened it back up.  Adblock was no longer present, but Ghostery was still present.  So, it only seemed to affect Adblock.

If there is anything else I can do to help you diagnose it, I will gladly do.  I am thinking about uninstalling Chrome and then reinstalling it.

Bill

Michael Gundlach

Nov 5, 2012, 1:47:07 PM11/5/12
to Bill Usry, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

That's strange.  Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome sounds like a good idea.  If the problem still persists, I think you should file a bug at new.crbug.com, because I don't think this should happen.

Michael

vincent...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2014, 11:35:34 PM1/22/14
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, wru...@gmail.com
Hello Michael,

Every time I run CCleaner, I notice that AdBlock is uninstalled from Chrome.
Is there a way to fix this issue? I can close Chrome, restart my computer, and AdBlock will still be there. Once I run CCleaner it disappears.
Strange since they've coexisted on my computers as well for well over 18 months. Just recently started having this issue a couple weeks ago (Early Jan, 2014)

Thank you!

- Vincent

Kieran Peckett

Jan 23, 2014, 12:18:44 PM1/23/14
to vincent...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com, wru...@gmail.com
Hi!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "adblockforchrome-discuss" group.