Activity streams PHP library?

Ben Werdmuller

May 4, 2009, 4:34:43 AM5/4/09
to activity...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I couldn't see a reference to this anywhere, so I thought I'd check.

I intend to include activity stream functionality in my next project,
and it seems sensible to keep that piece of functionality atomic so I
can use it again. Therefore, I intend to write and release an open
source PHP 5 library based on the current spec - but wanted to make
sure I wasn't stepping on any toes before I started! I realise the
spec is still cooling, but once a framework's up it's easy to change
things around.

Ben

--
Ben Werdmuller | http://benwerd.com/ | Twitter: @benwerd

Tel: +44 (0) 777 338 5490
Skype: benjaminmorayhouse1

Ben Metcalfe

May 4, 2009, 1:37:18 PM5/4/09
to Activity Streams
Hey Ben,

To the best of my knowledge there isn't an existing OS PHP lib. I was
also wondering the same as I might be involved in the creation of an
ActionScript library which I'd also like to see licensed under some
kind of OS friendly license - but wanted to check to avoid duplication
of efforts.

Now that ActivityStreams is maturing I'm just wondering whether it's
time for the official website to flesh out a bit - perhaps a wiki
pertaining some important information... like a draft spec, libs,
providers that are supporting the format (and the urls for their
documentation/end points/etc). I'm otherwise unclear as to where I go
to gather this information for my (consumption) implementation of the
spec.

Ben

Ben Metcalfe

May 4, 2009, 1:39:48 PM5/4/09
to Activity Streams
Damn. Just after sending this I tried http://wiki.activitystrea.ms/
and it works! But I notice this isn't linked to anywhere publicly nor
from the front page of activitystrea.ms site.

Chris: does the community have the green light to start fleshing this
wiki out with information about libraries, who's supporting the
format, etc, etc?

Chris Messina

May 5, 2009, 3:30:04 AM5/5/09
to activity...@googlegroups.com
Yes — I was hoping to get a little more structure on the wiki before linking it up, and clarifying the relationship between it and the DiSo wiki (where some of the original AS work was going on), but I'm more than happy to have folks start contributing to the wiki.

I also would like to see libraries for AS start being developed — or patches to existing ATOM libraries being submitted through the DiSo Google Code project.

Let me know if you need access or want to contribute.

Meanwhile, I've added a link to the wiki to the AS homepage (which I'm in the process of redesigning).

And Ben, to my knowledge, there are no activity streams libraries yet. Be the first! ;)

Chris
--
Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate

factoryjoe.com // diso-project.org // openid.net // vidoop.com
This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private

Thierry Schellenbach

May 30, 2014, 9:01:49 AM5/30/14
to activity...@googlegroups.com
I think this covers what you are looking for
https://github.com/tbarbugli/stream-php

If you are going the route of building your own (or did so in the past :))
Have a look at the articles linked here. I think they are really useful: