The artifactId cannot be empty

deny...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2014, 9:56:30 PM2/1/14
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I am working on a project using Eclipse, m2e and JBoss AS7. When I added the instrumentation plugin to POM, I got the following error message:

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Maven Project Builder' on project 'Aedipus'.
For artifact {org.apache.maven.plugins:null:1.4.9:maven-plugin}: The artifactId cannot be empty.

These are the POM contents:

<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>br.com</groupId>
<artifactId>Aedipus</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0</version>
<packaging>war</packaging>
<name>Aedipus</name>
<description></description>
<properties>
<version.javaee.web>2.0.0.Final</version.javaee.web>
<version.activejdbc>1.4.9</version.activejdbc>
<version.shiro>1.2.2</version.shiro>
<version.mysql>5.1.24</version.mysql>
</properties>
<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupid>activejdbc</groupid>
<artifactid>activejdbc-instrumentation</artifactid>
<version>${version.activejdbc}</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<phase>process-classes</phase>
<goals>
<goal>instrument</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.jboss.spec.javax.faces</groupId>
<artifactId>jboss-jsf-api_2.0_spec</artifactId>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.javalite</groupId>
<artifactId>activejdbc</artifactId>
<version>${version.activejdbc}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.shiro</groupId>
<artifactId>shiro-core</artifactId>
<version>${version.shiro}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.shiro</groupId>
<artifactId>shiro-web</artifactId>
<version>${version.shiro}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>mysql</groupId>
<artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
<version>${version.mysql}</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
<dependencyManagement>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.jboss.spec</groupId>
<artifactId>jboss-javaee-web-6.0</artifactId>
<version>${version.javaee.web}</version>
<type>pom</type>
<scope>import</scope>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>
</project>

Do you guys have any idea on what might be going on wrong?

Thanks already!

deny...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2014, 8:47:02 AM2/2/14
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
I fixed the lowercase artifactId tag, but now I am getting another problem:

Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:activejdbc-instrumentation:1.4.9 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:activejdbc-instrumentation:jar:1.4.9

I added the following node to POM, but nothing changed:

<version.activejdbc-instrumentation>1.4.9</version.activejdbc-instrumentation>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.javalite</groupId>
<artifactId>activejdbc-instrumentation</artifactId>
<version>${version.activejdbc-instrumentation}</version>
</dependency>

Any ideas? Anybody?

Instrumentation with m2e seems to be really troublesome... I'm starting to think that it is not worth...

Igor Polevoy

Feb 2, 2014, 5:37:57 PM2/2/14
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
PLease, see this example:

I think you have some issue with Maven. Try setting literal version rather than use properties.

Steven Mathers

Mar 11, 2014, 4:48:43 PM3/11/14
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Hey, all these example links are broken, I've been trying to get it working for awhile now. be easier if i had an example.

Igor Polevoy

Mar 12, 2014, 2:04:24 AM3/12/14
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Apologies the links are corrected, you can find them all on the page: http://javalite.io/pages/instrumentation

We have recently moved all examples to the https://github.com/javalite organization into individual repos, so it is easier for people to clone example projects.
If you see any other links broken, please let us know, and we will fix them promptly

tx