DB2 support

reinie...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2013, 7:06:10 AM12/27/13
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Is there any plan to support DB2 in the near future? And if not, how much effort will it be to contribute DB2 support?

Thanks!

Regards,
Reinier

Igor Polevoy

Dec 29, 2013, 11:50:09 AM12/29/13
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Reinier, I think that lack of DB2 support was dues to most people using open source databases. However it is not difficult to add support for DB2.
Outside contributors added support for H2 and SQLServer.
Here you can look at these branches:
If you like to contribute, we also need to think where to host DB2 instance  for testing

tx

arjo.pol...@funatic.nl

Feb 11, 2015, 11:00:13 AM2/11/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Igor,

I created all necessary code to support DB2. I am unfamiliar with Git, so I am attaching the zip with the code changes (based on 1.4.10). I have tested against DB2 9.7 on Windows 7 64 bit. The coming days I will test against DB2 on iSeries.

Regards,
Arjo Poldervaart
activejdbc-db2support.zip

Igor Polevoy

Feb 11, 2015, 11:17:43 AM2/11/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Arjo, is there a FREE version of DB2 for Windows so we can integrate this into a Jenkins build?

tx