Unable to get the simple example to run in Spring Tool Suite

Patrick Tan

Apr 23, 2015, 11:35:58 AM4/23/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

I am trying to get the example which I have gotten through http://javalite.io/activejdbc working in the Spring Tool Suite. One of the things I noticed was that upon trying to import it I got warned that the plugin execution was not covered by the lifecycle config. If I add the PluginManagement tags around it the error will disappear. Not sure if that is the proper solution though. Then, when I try to run the project I am asked if I am sure if models have been instrumented. Now I have searched if people have asked this question before, which they have, but none used the spring tool suite. I know that instrumentation is er... post compilation something... but how do I achieve this in Spring or am I overlooking something else?

Regards,
Patrick

Igor Polevoy

Apr 23, 2015, 11:44:22 AM4/23/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Patrick, use this page as a guide:

tx

Patrick Tan

Apr 23, 2015, 12:39:37 PM4/23/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response. Will that also solve that upon trying to import the sample project there isn't a marketplace entry for activejdbc instrumentation?

Patrick

Igor Polevoy

Apr 23, 2015, 1:06:44 PM4/23/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Patric, not sure I'm following your question here. What is a "marketplace entry for activejdbc instrumentation" ?
tx

Patrick Tan

Apr 23, 2015, 1:11:28 PM4/23/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Well, when I try to import the simple example this is what I see.

Igor Polevoy

Apr 23, 2015, 1:13:53 PM4/23/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com

Patrick Tan

Apr 23, 2015, 1:25:50 PM4/23/15
to activejd...@googlegroups.com
Ah yes,

I found that also, but apparently didn't look closely enough at the final instructions. Thanks for that. I must have been starting at the screen for too long.