Week 18 Action Items

Actions for Americans

Mar 19, 2017, 11:35:04 PM3/19/17
to Actions for Americans
Hi all!

Trump's budget is "dead on arrival," Trumpcare is facing opposition from nearly all angles, and even Texas Senate Bill 4 (the Anti-"Sanctuary Cities" bill) is facing major obstacles in the Texas House. In other words, the resistance is working! But TrumpCare may go to a vote in the House on Thursday, and there is other work to do. So please keep it up!

    TrumpCare would lead to 24 million Americans losing their health care, and Republicans are trying to rush the bill through this Thursday to avoid more town halls and other resistance from their constituents. Make sure they know that they will be voted out if they support this irresponsible legislation.
2. Call your Senators to oppose the appointment of Judge Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court
3. Ask your Rep to support a bill that would direct the Department of the Treasury to provide Trump's tax returns

House Resolution 186 directs the Department of the Treasury to provide to the House of Representatives the president's full tax returns from 2006 to 2015.
    • Call your Rep and say: “Hi, I'm calling Rep. ________ to request that s/he support House Resolution 186 and the release of President Trump’s tax returns to ensure that our president’s foreign dealings do not violate the Constitution or pose a threat to national security.
    • Read more about what we know about Trump's tax returns
    For our Texans, check out the great action items that are up this week at txlege.indivisible.blue: Actions for the Week. Notable bills to take action on:
    1. SB 6, the bathroom bill
    2. SB 4, the anti-immigrant bill
    3. SB 3, the school voucher bill, is scheduled for a hearing this week
    4. SB 21 calls for a Convention of the States, an alarming possibility
    Bonus Texas item: Donate to this effort to pay for a space to host a Ted Cruz town hall.

    Much love,
    Marieke and Alex
    @actionsUSA