v12.0.0: Tighten it up.

Evan Tahler

Sep 14, 2015, 2:19:31 PM9/14/15
to actionHero.js
https://github.com/evantahler/actionhero/releases/tag/v12.0.0

ioredis

We have replaced the node-redis package with ioredis. This new redis package is mostly api compatible with node-redis, but adds support for sentinel and cluster out of the box. It is also faster is most cases.

Optionally Enforce connection properties

In certain cases (perhaps streaming behind a load balancer) you many not be able to obtain both the connection.ip and connection.port for connecting clients. You can now toggle off this requirement with api.config.general.enforceConnectionProperties. Keep in mind that you may have trouble identifying and accessing unique connections with this option disabled.

Remove Stats Module

The api.stats module was very rarely used, so we removed it! This will reduce make actionhero a little bit leaner. If you want to continue to use api.stats, you can access it via a plugin:https://github.com/evantahler/ah-stats-plugin. Keep in mind that some of the core loggers (like number of active connections, actions, etc) have been removed. You can re-implement them via middleware and plugins.

Misc

  • We now test on Travis.CI with node v4.0... and yes, we are compatible!
  • Documentation updates by @evantahler and @kodypeterson