Switches For Node

Paul Tiseo

Oct 8, 2015, 3:24:58 PM10/8/15
to actionHero.js
How does one start AH and pass switches to the Node engine, eg. in my current case --max_old_space_size? Normally, I use actionhero start or startCluster with no switches.

Evan Tahler

Oct 8, 2015, 3:38:54 PM10/8/15
to actionHero.js
`actionhero start` is shorthand for `/path/to/node ./node_modules/.bin/actionhero start`.  If you want to inject switches, you can do it after the {node}, IE: `/path/to/node --flag1 --flag2 ./node_modules/.bin/actionhero start`.  What's cool, is that you can then place an alias to that command within your package.json, so `npm run ah-with-flags` would be all you need.