v15.1.1: Fixes and a new Website

Evan Tahler

Oct 26, 2016, 2:15:29 PM10/26/16
to actionHero.js
https://github.com/evantahler/actionhero/releases/tag/v15.1.1

New Website

Check out www.actionherojs.com! We've overhauled our website to be more pleasant to read and the documentation easier to work with. We've also moved back to a plain Jekyll website. We can utilize GitHub's automatic site hosting from within the master branch, and we no longer need a publishing workflow nor do we need a gh-pages branch.

Actions can now use sendFile with buffers.

run: function (api, data, next) {
  const buffer = 'Example of data buffer';
  let bufferStream = new stream.PassThrough();
  bufferStream.end(buffer);
  data.connection.rawConnection.responseHeaders.push(['Content-Disposition', 'attachment; filename=test.csv']);
  api.servers.servers.web.sendFile(data.connection, null, bufferStream, 'text/csv', buffer.length, new Date());
  data.toRender = false;
  next();
}

Addressing if-modified-since header issue on a 404

  • Fixes an issue with the proper header when a public file no longer exists, but the client sends the old modification header.
  • by @BigForNothing via #963

File request logging

  • Allow direct configuration of logs when serving files via api.config.general.fileRequestLogLevel. We will show both the file on disk and the requested file path from the URL.
  • by @evantahler via #965

Defaults

  • NODE_ENV=production will allow locale files to be written by default
  • Redis Password environment variable is now REDIS_PASSWORD

Misc

  • actionhero version will now return the version of ActionHero in use
  • actionhero helpactionhero generate and actionhero version can be run when installed globally outside of an ActionHero project directory

Packages

  • Node Resque: v4.0.1
  • Glob: v7.1.1
  • Mocha: v3.1.2