Released a couple of AH plugins

de...@3rdsense.com

Oct 24, 2014, 4:15:54 AM10/24/14
to action...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have just finished cleaning up a couple of AH plugins and it would be great to get some feedback and suggestions for improving them, we have started using AH a fair bit at work and I also use it on a couple of personal projects too and the plugin infrastructure makes it easy to share work across multiple projects.

ah-mongoose-plugin (https://github.com/lookaflyingdonkey/ah-mongoose-plugin) - This is a simple mongoose setup and model structure that allows for clean code separation and easy test points for models.

ah-xsignature-plugin (https://github.com/lookaflyingdonkey/ah-mongoose-plugin) - This will add and validate a signature on request/responses. We use this for stopping replay attacks on some of the more sensitive APIs as even HTTPS can be replayed pretty easily.

ah-jwtauth-plugin (https://github.com/lookaflyingdonkey/ah-mongoose-plugin) - This is a much simpler version of panjiesw's auth plugin. It makes use of JSON Web Tokens and leaves all the login, user management, notification, etc to you to build and just gives a Authorization header.

Feedback welcome.

Cheers,
Dean

Evan Tahler

Oct 24, 2014, 2:39:16 PM10/24/14
to de...@3rdsense.com, action...@googlegroups.com

ndco...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2015, 1:26:40 PM3/9/15
to action...@googlegroups.com, de...@3rdsense.com
Hi Dean,

Thanks for the great plugins! I am trying to use the ah-mongoose-plugin but am not having a lot of success. When I follow your instructions, I am getting the error "cannot find module 'mongoose"" when it tries to initialize my models. While I realize this could likely be easily solved by adding mongoose to my project, since it is already in your plugin I was wondering if perhaps I'm doing something "wrong" and there is some way I could and should be pulling the mongoose reference from the api object?

Nick