מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

Miles Ostermann

לא נקראה,
26 באוג׳ 2016, 16:40:5526.8.2016
עד acsacr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. Hope the transition to AC 20 is going ok for all of you.

I have a few questions and was thinking I would try here:
-When I move my user selected hotspot to a new location, I would typically reset to 0,0. But for some reason it reverts back to the last user selected origin location...this is really weird. (ie I select an new user origin, type in a coordinated for say a hotspot and hit enter. It locates that hotspot not from my current location of the user origin, but rather from the last used location)

-Exporting the BIMx model has changed. I have tried a few times, but keep getting the note that there is no 3d data in the BIMx export. What am I missing?

-The Label tool default is to one fixed degree location. In the old label tool I could make it go 0 or 180...now it is just one or the other fixed. Not sure if I am missing some new set-up option.

-The out of the box cooktop objects do not resize properly. They look good for a 32" cooktop, but if you use a 48" one it still shows the same symbol for a 32" one in the new 48" site you have input.

-There is new BIMx export to Hololens?  What is this?

-Is there a way to change the tools back to color from the black/white they are?

-What does the (!) mean when it is in front of a layer or plan view?

logo2alogo

Miles Ostermann, Designer

Milestone Studio

Phone: 530.676.0900  Cell: 530.320.0900

In...@milestonestudio.com

www.milestonestudio.com

Facebook  | Houzz  | Pinterest

Zoltan A. Szabo

לא נקראה,
8 בספט׳ 2016, 20:06:288.9.2016
עד acsacr...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

-          BIMx: I haven’t tested it in AC20 yet…

-          Label: the whole thing has been reconfigured. It is worth taking a good look at all the label settings. What I first noticed is that if I eyedrop a label and try to create a new one it creates one that is totally the same. I mean not only the text content, but the angle and length of the “lower leg” of the label! That was odd, but I noticed that there is a new geometry method icon and you can choose between simple and detailed. Try detailed. That might solve your issue. Another thing about labels is that there is two levels of selecting a label. If you click on the text part of it, you can only move the text part and pointer will remain anchored. You will have to click on the pointer part in order to modify that. It is a bit annoying, but some like it.

-          Cooktop: which object are you using? Cooktop Built-in 20 works OK, but make sure to modify the “Style” and “Dimensions and Countertop” settings. The latter is responsible for the inner rectangle.

-          Tool colors. I don’t know if I understood this one right, but you mean the icons, right? No, you can’t. This is the new look.

-          Exclamation marks: I’m not sure, I’m thinking about the same thing, but I think this is the notification that tells you that that the current window has different settings than the view settings. For example, if you open an elevation view from the view map and after doing so you go to layer settings and switch to another layer combination than you will see that elevation with a different layer combo than what you have set up for that view. In this case you will see an (!) after the layer combo in the navigator view map. If you hide or show a layer, same thing. The same (!) will appear in front of the view in the list of tabs of the main workspace window. See attached screen shot. This latter one is a pretty dumb feature, because that exclamation mark will appear at the first temporary change you make after opening a view, which could be a simple panning, scrolling.
If you double click on the same view again, these exclamation marks will disappear.

Zoltan A. Szabo, BIM MANAGER

We have a new name with continued commitment to innovation and sustainability.

MOGAVERO ARCHITECTS
2012 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
916.443.1033 • mogaveroarchitects.com

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this m essage or any information herein and should delete this message. No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.

From: <acsacr...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Miles Ostermann <mi...@milestonestudio.com>
Date: Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:40 PM
To: "acsacr...@googlegroups.com" <acsacr...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: AC 20 questions

[...]

ogo2aogo

Miles Ostermann, Designer

Milestone Studio

Phone: 530.676.0900  Cell: 530.320.0900

In...@milestonestudio.com

www.milestonestudio.com

Facebook  | Houzz  | Pinterest

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 4.34.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 4.38.12 PM.png

Wagner Seiss

לא נקראה,
8 בספט׳ 2016, 21:22:568.9.2016
עד acsacr...@googlegroups.com
Good job Zoltan, happy to see someone is listening.

Seiss
…………………………
Seiss Wagner - Architect
300 36th Way
Sacramento, CA 95816
……………………………….
This e-mail (and any attachments) is intended only for the addressee(s),  and may be confidential.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender, then delete it.

On Sep 8, 2016, at 5:06 PM, Zoltan A. Szabo <zsz...@mogaveroarchitects.com> wrote:

[...]

<image001.png>

From: <acsacr...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Miles Ostermann <mi...@milestonestudio.com>
Date: Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:40 PM
To: "acsacr...@googlegroups.com" <acsacr...@googlegroups.com>

[...]

<image002.png><image003.png>
<Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 4.34.37 PM.png><Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 4.38.12 PM.png>

Miles Ostermann

לא נקראה,
9 בספט׳ 2016, 9:41:209.9.2016
עד acsacr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zoltan,
Figured a few of these out:
The label tool has a setting I had not seen that makes the label always the same…don’t remember this from 19. The left selection makes it a fixed angle the right is a relative one (i.e. You can do the label at 0 or 180 degree)

Also figured out the user defined hotspot issue. Another selection that was the default that I have not played with, but it changes the whole workflow (at least for me). The arrow XY button can be on or off…don’t remember using it before either. With it selected it changes how your used defined hotspot works.

The BIMx export I have not figured out yet.

Thanks, Miles

logo2alogo

Miles Ostermann, Designer

Zoltan A. Szabo

לא נקראה,
9 בספט׳ 2016, 10:19:259.9.2016
עד acsacr...@googlegroups.com

Wow, some people start work early! I have an excuse, I still have jet lag J

Yes, that’s the thing I mentioned. If you hover over the icons it will read: simple and detailed geometry method.

From: <acsacr...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Miles Ostermann <in...@milestonestudio.com>
Date: Friday, September 9, 2016 at 6:41 AM
To: "acsacr...@googlegroups.com" <acsacr...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: AC 20 questions

Thanks Zoltan,

Figured a few of these out:

The label tool has a setting I had not seen that makes the label always the same…don’t remember this from 19. The left selection makes it a fixed angle the right is a relative one (i.e. You can do the label at 0 or 180 degree)

Also figured out the user defined hotspot issue. Another selection that was the default that I have not played with, but it changes the whole workflow (at least for me). The arrow XY button can be on or off…don’t remember using it before either. With it selected it changes how your used defined hotspot works.

The BIMx export I have not figured out yet.

Thanks, Miles

ogo2aogo

go2ago

Gerard Falla

לא נקראה,
9 בספט׳ 2016, 16:03:279.9.2016
עד acsacr...@googlegroups.com

BIMx Export:

Still crucial to have defined one 3D view in your publisher set for BIMx Start, and have the docs above it you want associated with that project model.

Assuming you do that, and publish out your BIMx model to the BIMx transfer site, you should be good-to-go.

The advantage to the publisher-set approach to BIMx versus just being in the 3D window and going to File>Publish BIMx is it gives you both fine-grained control and repeatability – you’ve saved the view, with the given layer combination and graphic over-rides, so it will look that way each time you re-publish.

I have recently been publishing to BIMx from 20, and find it both faster and far less glitch-prone than previous versions.

Gerard Falla, ASAI

Designer, BIM Guru & IT Manager

Date: Friday, September 9, 2016 at 6:41 AM

To: "acsacr...@googlegroups.com" <acsacr...@googlegroups.com>

Thanks Zoltan,

Figured a few of these out:

The label tool has a setting I had not seen that makes the label always the same…don’t remember this from 19. The left selection makes it a fixed angle the right is a relative one (i.e. You can do the label at 0 or 180 degree)

Also figured out the user defined hotspot issue. Another selection that was the default that I have not played with, but it changes the whole workflow (at least for me). The arrow XY button can be on or off…don’t remember using it before either. With it selected it changes how your used defined hotspot works.

The BIMx export I have not figured out yet.

Thanks, Miles

ogo2aogo

go2ago

השב לכולם