changes I don't make under books/

Matt Kaufmann

Jan 8, 2018, 6:51:47 PM1/8/18
to acl2-...@googlegroups.com
Hi --

Just a heads-up that I probably should have sent a few years ago....

I don't attempt to keep files in books/ up-to-date for various lists
of symbols that I don't really know anything about. For example, soon
I expect to replace ACL2 source function filter-atoms with another
function, but I don't plan to change the following lists. I think
this situation -- where I've made updates that could affect such lists
but I haven't modified those lists -- has often happened previously.

books/acl2s/cgen/basis.lisp:

(defconst *primitives*
'(... filter-atoms ...))

books/coi/super-ihs/symbols.lsp:

(DEFMACRO SYMBOLS::*ACL2-SYMBOLS*7 NIL
''(... FILTER-ATOMS ...))

Maybe someone wants to replace filter-atoms by the new function symbol
I'm about to introduce -- lmi-seeds-info -- but I don't know. I don't
think I've ever seen a regression failure or a complaint in the past
when I similarly left such lists unchanged.

-- Matt