Are there any plans to build Accord.NET with Visual Studio 2015?

Charles Brauer

Jun 5, 2016, 2:27:57 PM6/5/16
to Accord.NET Framework
Hi,

Are there any plans to be able to build Accord.NET with Visual Studio 2015 and .NET Framework 4.6.1 (current Microsoft releases)?

Charles

Jake Muller

Jun 13, 2016, 1:39:46 PM6/13/16
to Accord.NET Framework
we can't use accord.net in VS 2015?

César

Jun 13, 2016, 2:41:44 PM6/13/16
to Accord.NET Framework
Hi there,

First, let me please answer Jake question first: yes, it is perfectly possible to use Accord.NET with VS2015. However, I have realized that there are a few problems when one tries to build/compile the framework with VS2015.

The majority of the errors seems to stem from some breaking changes in the C++ compiler. However, the C++ compiler is only needed for compiling some unit test projects, such as Accord.Tests.Math.Cpp. Thus said, in case you would like to incorporate the building of Accord.NET in your compilation scripts, it should be safe to simply remove those projects from your build. Since the problem only happens with unit test projects, it should no effect on the generated framework binaries.

Answering the original question: yes, we are totally interested in supporting VS2015 for building the framework! However, since only the unit test projects are affected, this is not exactly a high priority right now. This should probably happen after release 3.1. However, if you have a situation where the framework simply fails to work with the current version of the .NET framework, please open an issue in the issue tracker and it will be treated with the highest priority!

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Cesar