Image Registration

dt...@saiman.co.uk

Dec 2, 2015, 4:33:06 AM12/2/15
to Accord.NET Framework
Hi César and others,

I have a well-defined reference image which contains an 'ideal' view of a piece of apparatus. I will then acquire images from a live camera feed of the same piece of apparatus. I would like to perform a transformation on these imperfect images so that they match the coordinate system of the ideal reference image. I'd believe this operation to be known as image registration?

I've read your excellent article on automatic image stitching over on CodeProject (http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/95453/Automatic-Image-Stitching-with-Accord-NET), and was wondering if this is the correct method to use for solving my image registration problem? It seems like it performs most of what I need, albeit in a subtly different way.

Cheers,
Dan

P.S. From my brief exposure Accord.NET seems to be a fantastic library, keep up the good work!