Accord.NET Framework for Windows Store, Windows Phone and WPF

cure...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2013, 6:50:06 AM12/16/13
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I wanted to inform you that I have initiated a port of Accord.NET Framework to target Windows Store apps, Windows Phone 8 apps and WPF (without using the Winforms hosting control).

You can find the adapted framework [here](https://github.com/cureos/accord). For the framework to function properly, you would also need to download my adapted version of AForge.NET Framework, which you'll find [here](https://github.com/cureos/aforge), and place the AForge repository alongside the Accord repository.

I only have ported a subset of the libraries (non-GUI and imaging), audio, video and GUI controls are not ported.

Most of the libraries are provided as Portable Class Libraries. They rely on dummy or minimal implementations of System and System.Drawing types which are located in the AForge repository. Some base types are not yet implemented, but only placeholders to ensure that the libraries will build. Eventually I will implement the required functionality in these classes as well.

A huge thanks goes to Cesar for providing the Accord.NET Framework as open source to begin with. Hopefully my effort will attract some additional users of this superb framework.

If you have questions or comments on my portable adaptation of Accord, please do not hesitate to contact me here or send me a private e-mail.

If you experience issues with the code, feel free to use the issue reporting system in the Github repository.

Regards,
Anders @ Cureos

César

Dec 16, 2013, 7:37:56 AM12/16/13
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anders!

This is amazing! Please let me know if you need any help, or if you need any further information to go on with the porting. If you also notice any issues, bugs, or documentation errors, also please let me know! I have pinned this topic on top of the forums so everyone will be aware of your project. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cesar

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Dec 16, 2013, 8:07:09 AM12/16/13
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Cesar!

Right now, there remains some work to ensure that the dummy replacements of the .NET-only types (including "dummy" System.Drawing) has sufficient functionality. Some, but not all parts are implemented at this moment.

At this moment, I can confirm that I have been able to invoke the *Accord* specific image filters in image processing, and convert the result to a Windows Store WriteableBitmap. The same principle also applies to WPF and Windows Phone apps, so it should be straightforward to apply practically the same code in WPF or Phone apps.

Eventually, if you approve, I could also prepare and distribute NuGet packages to facilitate the use of Accord.NET on these alternative platforms.

Best regards,
Anders

jamieol...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2014, 11:45:02 AM1/2/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Anders,

you are a time saving hero. I just started to do the same but now I saw it is already done. A big, big thank you for that! :-)

Cheers, Jamie

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Jan 2, 2014, 4:22:22 PM1/2/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamie,

glad that my efforts based on Cesar's terrific framework are proving useful :-)

The current status of the PCL ported libraries is that practically all non-UI unit tests run successfully when referencing the PCL class libraries in the (.NET based) unit test libraries. This is a good first step, but ideally the PCL libraries should also be thoroughly  tested against the other targets, i.e. Windows Store and Windows Phone 8. Any help from you or someone else in the community to setup and execute such tests would be of tremendous help.

A few days ago I also added the additional drawing functionality (circle and line drawing in images) that is requred by the FeaturesMarker filter. Further testing of this functionality is also more than welcome.

All issues experienced with the PCL version of the Accord framework can be reported on the Issues tab of the Github repository, https://github.com/cureos/accord/issues .

Together we can turn Cesar's magnificent Accord .NET framework into a great Accord .PCL Framework :-)

Best regards,
Anders

Ashraf Nazir

Jan 21, 2014, 3:22:56 PM1/21/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 I am new user and developer .I used Accord.Net first time and i have a problem

Ashraf Nazir

Jan 21, 2014, 3:25:53 PM1/21/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
I have already added refernces and still there is an error that " you have missing directives or references " can any body help here?

Message has been deleted

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Jan 22, 2014, 1:55:19 AM1/22/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashraf,

Is your question related to the portable class library DLL:s found in the Portable Accord.NET repository here: https://github.com/cureos/accord/releases ?
Or are you using pure .NET DLL:s from César's main Accord.NET site: http://accord-framework.net/ ?

If you are trying to use the portable class library DLL:s in a .NET solution, you will need to target .NET 4.5 or later, the PCL DLL:s are only applicable to .NET 4.5 and later, Windows Store apps (Win 8 and 8.1) and Windows Phone apps. You can also not include any of the imaging related DLL:s from the portable class library set in a Windows Forms application, since the PCL DLL:s reference a "shim" System.Drawing assembly specifically designed for PCL.

If you are developing a Windows Forms application, use the DLL:s from the pure .NET repository. You'll find links to the .NET installation kit here: http://accord-framework.net/ , and the .NET assemblies are also available on NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages?q=Tags%3A%22accord.net%22

Best regards,
Anders @ Cureos

thomas.o...@vioxon.de

Mar 12, 2014, 9:14:10 AM3/12/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using Acoord.Net binary version portable-accord-2.12.0.2.

I have a PCL Project for WinRT, WP, and WPF. I want to use FaceDEtection from Accord.NET. But when using Accord.Vision.Detection.Cascades it tells me it is missing.

I got an error:

The type or namespace name 'Cascades' does not exist in the namespace 'Accord.Vision.Detection' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

What is my Problem ?

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Mar 12, 2014, 5:04:16 PM3/12/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

in the portable libraries I have excluded the FaceHaarCascade and NoseHaarCascade classes because they were too big to be supported on Windows Phone, see this issue here: https://github.com/cureos/accord/issues/3

You can easily workaround this shortcoming by reading the relevant HaarCascade XML files located in the OpenCV repository, https://github.com/Itseez/opencv . Note however that you will need to revert to the older XML format, Accord.NET does not yet support the new Haar Cascade XML format.

Regards,
Anders @ Cureos

tri...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2014, 1:15:39 PM3/28/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Hi, excuse my not correct english. I´m trying to do a Panoramic picture project using stitching in visual Studio 2012 with c# for windows phone 8. And looking for a compatible framework, after disscard Emgu CV(doesnt works in WP8) I have found this foro. Can I use this adaption of Accord into my project? Or one of the not included features are the related with Stitching? Sorry for the long explanation.

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Mar 28, 2014, 2:16:51 PM3/28/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
I recently received a similar question on the Portable AForge.NET issues list, see here: https://github.com/cureos/aforge/issues/3

To demonstrate the usage of image stitching on WP8, I therefore adapted one of Cesar's samples. You can find all the related code and references here: https://github.com/cureos/accord-samples

Good luck!
Anders @ Cureos

tri...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2014, 9:10:18 PM3/28/14
to accor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much, I have already download and test it. And I´m really surprise with the results. Works perfect. Just 2 questions:

- When I have change the 2 default images for another 2 diferents with 2952x4140 size the app doesn´t work(try to run and close it self). Resizing them and making probes I have notice that the maximum size it support is 1280x720 images( with 1920x1080 open it until you click on any option that close it). So, is this related with code specification or with memory issues?

- I´m trying to import the tools (libraries,frameworks,classes...)to my own proyect (I have already done the buttons, image selection from gallery...)and have no idea how to do it. Do you know how to?

I really apreciate your help.