ABYSS for Large Plant Genome ~ 600 to 900 MB

Aditya Mehta

Aug 16, 2016, 12:24:29 PM8/16/16
to ABySS
Hi

I m currently working on plant genome assembly.
I want to assemble plant genome having size of approx 600 to 800 Mb.

I m currently using Velvet, SOAP and ABYSS for the same. In my study currently ABYSS gave me good comparable results with SOAP and velvet assembly.

Can anybody will give me 2-3 reference for the whoever assembled plant genome having same size using ABYSS assembler to assembled  Illumina reads.

Shaun Jackman

Aug 22, 2016, 1:27:44 PM8/22/16
to ABySS
Hi, Aditya. We used ABySS to assemble the 20 Gbp white spruce genome. I'm not personally familiar with smaller plant genomes.

Cheers,
Shaun