Posisition or ID?

Febri Gunawan

Jun 27, 2014, 3:36:57 AM6/27/14
to abyss...@googlegroups.com
Hi, my name is Febri. I want to ask about how abyss see the sequences in fastq, is it depends on position or ID? Let me illustrate it
I have two files, the first file contains ABC and the second one contains ACD. How Abyss read that? C will be assembled with D or C will find the other C in wherever it is.
A    A
B    C
C    D

Thank you.
Best regards,
Febri

Ka Ming Nip

Jun 27, 2014, 2:25:19 PM6/27/14
to abyss...@googlegroups.com
Hi Febri,

In single-thread mode (ie. `j=1' and/or `np=1'), the two FASTQ files would be read one at a time.
In multi-thread/process mode (ie. `j=2' and/or `np=2'), the two FASTQ files would be read in parallel.

Since reads are broken up into k-mers to generate a de Bruijn k-mer graph, the origin of the k-mers (ie. position within a read file, which read file, which file format, etc.) should not matter.

Hope that helps! :)

Ka Ming

Febri Gunawan

Jul 3, 2014, 3:09:15 AM7/3/14