run error

已查看 40 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jimmy

未读,
2015年9月4日 12:36:292015/9/4
收件人 Abacus Support
Damian

I'm getting this error when running Abacus on a run with 42 input files.  In the console, it gets to "Creating ProtXML table" and then the following gets dumped and the process seems to just die.  Let me know if you have any ideas on what to try/change.  Thanks.

ls Sep 04, 2015 9:22:44 AM abacus.abacusUI.workThread run
SEVERE: null
java.sql.SQLException: statement is not in batch mode
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlExceptionSQL(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCPreparedStatement.executeBatch(Unknown Source)
        at abacus.hyperSQLObject.makeProtXMLTable(hyperSQLObject.java:575)
        at abacus.abacusUI.workThread.run(abacusUI.java:2814)
Caused by: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: statement is not in batch mode
        at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
        ... 4 more

back
ls: cannot access back: No such file or directory

Damian

未读,
2015年9月4日 12:52:432015/9/4
收件人 abacus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jimmy

I've seen this error before and the cause varies from case to case.
The problem has to do with the batch insertion of data into the temporary database.
Originally what protein database did you use? I ask because if the protein names are really long they may exceed the size allocated for the protid field.

You might be able to work around it by saving the  menu options to a parameter file and then running abacus from the terminal without the GUI. I don't know why this works but some users have told me they get pass the error doing it this way.

Damian

Jimmy

未读,
2015年9月4日 13:41:472015/9/4
收件人 Abacus Support
The database is some marine metagenome sequence database.  Regarding the protein name length, is the issue with the length of the full protein description line or the first "word" or accession in the description line?  I'll try running it w/o the GUI first and then see about manipulating the database if that doesn't work.

Damian

未读,
2015年9月4日 13:52:182015/9/4
收件人 abacus-...@googlegroups.com
I have hard coded for detection of Uniprot/Swissprot and RefSeq fasta header lines.
Anything else and abacus takes up the first space character that is encountered. If the protein ID is trimmed at the first space character and the resulting protein ID is still > 100 characters you get problems down the line.

Let me know if you still have issues after running without the GUI.

Damian

On 09/04/2015 01:41 PM, Jimmy wrote:
The database is some marine metagenome sequence database.  Regarding the protein name length, is the issue with the length of the full protein description line or the first "word" or accession in the description line?  I'll try running it w/o the GUI first and then see about manipulating the database if that doesn't work.

Jimmy

未读,
2015年9月8日 13:56:252015/9/8
收件人 Abacus Support
Damian,

I started an Abacus command line run over the long weekend and see that the run failed.  In the slim case that the error output could be helpful in determining what went wrong, I pasted the output below.  fwiw, I do know that the protein IDs (to the first space character in the description line) have a maximum of 28 characters so the ID length isn't an issue.

***********************************
        Abacus
        Version: 2.5
***********************************
Developed and written by: Damian Fermin and Alexey Nesvizhskii
Copyright 2010 Damian Fermin

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at

limitations under the License.

Parameters for this execution:
        Source directory: '/data/abacus'
        DB name:          'ABACUSDB'
        Output file:      '/data/abacus/ABACUS_output.tsv'
        Combined file P:   0.9
        iniProb threshold: 0.5
        maxIniProb:        0.99
        Keep DB files:     false
        Recalc Pep Wts:    false
        Output format:     Default

No fasta file was given so protein lengths will not be reported

Parsing protXML [ 1 of 1 ]:  interact-COMBINED.prot.xml
   :
   :
   :

Creating srcFileTags table

Creating combined table from 'interact-COMBINED.prot.xml'
  Curating interact-COMBINED.prot.xml
  Recalculating peptide weights for combined

Creating protXML table
java.sql.SQLException: statement is not in batch mode
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlExceptionSQL(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCPreparedStatement.executeBatch(Unknown Source)
        at abacus.hyperSQLObject.makeProtXMLTable(hyperSQLObject.java:575)
        at abacus.abacus.main(abacus.java:192)
        at mainFunction.mainFunction.main(mainFunction.java:44)
Caused by: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: statement is not in batch mode
        at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
        ... 5 more

Damian

未读,
2015年9月8日 13:58:422015/9/8
收件人 abacus-...@googlegroups.com
This is weird. Is there some way I could take a look at these files and try a few things with them and Abacus?

Damian

Jimmy

未读,
2015年9月8日 14:48:132015/9/8
收件人 Abacus Support
Yes, I'll send you a link to download the files offline once I gather a smaller set and can confirm the error appears there too.

Damian

未读,
2015年9月9日 15:30:492015/9/9
收件人 abacus-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jimmy I just noticed that you are missing some files.
For Abacus you need K pepXML files and K+1 protXML files.

For this particular data set you  should have 3 protXML files:
interact-2014_Sept_08_BeringSea50.prot.xml
interact-2014_Sept_08_BeringSea51.prot.xml
interact-COMBINED.prot.xml

And 2 pepXML files:
interact-2014_Sept_08_BeringSea50.pep.xml
interact-2014_Sept_08_BeringSea51.pep.xml

I overlooked your snippet of screen output where it stated Parsing protXML [ 1 of 1 ] (just assumed more protXML file names followed and you weren't showing them)

Try providing Abacus the missing protXML files, this should clear up your problem.
Damian

Jimmy

未读,
2015年9月9日 16:40:512015/9/9
收件人 Abacus Support
Thanks for debugging this Damian; I knew it had to be some stupid self-inflicted error like this.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子