Re: tar heel reader invitation code

Robin Hurd

Feb 10, 2009, 11:52:48 AM2/10/09
to AACPa...@googlegroups.com
sorry to be so long in getting back to you... the boys have been sick for the past week...

No, that Caleb isn't my son. We haven't posted any of their stories on the tar heel reader yet.

The first question at this URL asks how to get an invitation code to register for the site.  You send an e-mail requesting an invitation code, and they'll get back with you.

Robin
Feb 11, 2009, 12:28:12 PM2/11/09
to AACPa...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Robin!
Thank you very much. I could have thought I would find it there. I just have so many things in mind.
By the way, I would like to ask you for advice as I want to start a group of parents/ children with communication problems. My aim would be organize activities which would encourage the families to introduce  AAC and emergent literacy. I´m the vice-president of a parents association for disabled kids. Most of the kids in our association are really young ( 2 to 4) and by the time they get a proper assessment on communication if they are lucky enough to get one, they have wasted a lot of precious time.
If you or anybody in the forum have any suggestions on how to promote this,  ideas will be really welcome.
Thank you very much again for your help.
ANA

Mcda...@aol.com

Feb 11, 2009, 3:12:08 PM2/11/09
to AACPa...@googlegroups.com
        Ana what a wonderful idea for that group!  How nice of you to want to help others.  I know I am forever grateful for the support and help from everyone here.  Mary-Clare

Ana Saavedra

Feb 12, 2009, 1:51:46 AM2/12/09
to AACPa...@googlegroups.com
Mary-Clare, since Pau was born I´ve encountered all sorts of problems but I have also found people who have helped me a lot so I guess it ´s fair enough to give back what I got so generously. At first as you know parents feel quite devastated and at a loss , it´s not easy to make decisions about how we are going to handle disability. Talking to people who are going or have gone through the same is such a relief.
This place is really good, you´re right. I hope I can get to know some of you in ISAAC Barcelona 2010.
I´ll be helping as a translator, I hope so. I hope I can get a leave from my job for next school year. It will be a great event for AAC in Spain. We are still behind.
One of my dreams is attending an AAC summer camp in the States as this is also what I´m trying to promote here.
Lots of projects ............Little time...
Nice to talk to you
ANA