Welcome!

trinioler

Aug 23, 2012, 3:58:03 PM8/23/12
to a-sc...@googlegroups.com
Welcome everyone to A+scribe. We're currently in the organizational phase, as we figure out what materials we need, and how to do our job.

A quick little introduction first.

I'm Tyler Laing, and I was born hard of hearing. I wear two behind the ear hearing aids, and that's why I started this organization. I'm a software engineer by day, and I love geeky pursuits.

I think that bloggers and podcasters need to do more to support their Deaf/Hard of Hearing audience. Everywhere you go in society now, you can find transcripts and subtitles and captions widely available, even in pirate rings. This isn't true of speeches at conventions, or podcasts(in some cases).

That's where we come in. We're to help fix that, and help make the A+ sphere better for people with disabilities. We're to help bloggers and speakers understand more about accessibility, by providing an essential service.

And we can't do this without you. Volunteers are going to be how this works. Put in only the time you can spare, on the stuff you care about, and we can do this.

-Tyler