Ubuntu Update Error

Vedant Rawal

Jul 23, 2016, 6:29:09 AM7/23/16
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends !!!

Greetings for the day !!!!

Please find the attached screen shot for the error i am getting in one of my server on which i have installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

The system is not allowing to update the system with software update as it shows /boot partition need to be extended.

Can anyone help me to re size this /boot partition and tell me how i can extend the /boot partition or i can change this default location of software upgrade to any other partition or location.

I tried with Gparted GUI Utility but could not succeeded.

Please help me to sort out this important server issue witho
UbuntuUpdateError.png

jigar soni

Jul 25, 2016, 12:19:21 AM7/25/16
to VGLUG
It is a fixed partition scheme

You can't extend its size

You have to format again with LVM partitioning

Vedant Rawal

Jul 25, 2016, 7:07:47 AM7/25/16
to vg...@googlegroups.com

Dear Jigar,

Thanks for sending me the reply, as you mentioned in your mail that there is no alternate except format the machine again.

Now please let me know how i can prepare the image of this machine and how i can restore the same.

I tried to create the image by using clonezilla but could not succeeded, as we use Acronis utility in windows and if we prepare the c: drive image e.g (with OS and other application softwares) i.e 20 GB approx so that if we have 50GB of c: Drive in same type of machine where we can restore the same image and it works fine.

So, let me know this kind of solution so that before formatting the machine i create the img with os and database for safer side.

Awaiting for your prompt reply.....and thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Rajeev Rawal

(M): 9558825804

--
Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before posting.

shahid raza

Jul 31, 2016, 7:18:28 AM7/31/16
to VGLUG
Hi Dear
Don't format your machine. Just delete the old kernel images. This will resolve the issues.

Regards
Shahid Raza
7819002003

Vinit Sharma

Aug 8, 2016, 12:50:11 AM8/8/16
to VGLUG
Hi

it is showing the cache issues for installation pakages please can you use the sudo apt-get clean and then after using this command sudo apt-get update for boot 100 MB is enough so..
Thanks!!!