LVM Root partition reduce

dhaval oza

Sep 3, 2015, 10:48:32 AM9/3/15
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I want to reduce root partition (/dev/centos/root) in centos 7.

Can you please help me step by step guide.

Thanks & regards,

--
Dhaval Oza

Sham Arsiwala

Sep 3, 2015, 12:17:02 PM9/3/15
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sham Arsiwala
RHCE - RHCA.
Electromech Corporation

On 03-Sep-2015, at 6:35 pm, dhaval oza <dhaval....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I want to reduce root partition (/dev/centos/root) in centos 7.

Centos 7 default uses xfs file system, and xfs file system cannot be reduced.
Chances of corruption is high.
Still try this.:

Can you please help me step by step guide.

Thanks & regards,

--
Dhaval Oza

--
Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before posting.

dhaval oza

Sep 4, 2015, 10:44:58 AM9/4/15
to vg...@googlegroups.com, shamar...@gmail.com
Hello Sham Arsiwala,

I have created partition with  Ext4 filesystem. I have run centos 7 DVD with rescue mode and run some commands as per detail below.

1. pvscan
2. vgscan
3. vgchange -a y
4. lvscan
5. fsck.ext4 /dev/centos/root
6. e2fsck -f /dev/centos/root
7. resize2fs -p /dev/centos/root 40G (This command not run sucessfully, it show error "Please run e2fsck -f /dev/centos/root"

So can you please help me regarding this issue.

Thanks and regards,

Dhaval oza

--
Dhaval Oza

ElectroMech

Sep 8, 2015, 12:52:12 AM9/8/15
to vglug, Sham Arsiwala
Hi,

Did you check the volume is mounted or not ?

If it is mounted unmount it ?

Try to use some Debug flags to check what could be the error.
--
Nilesh Vaghela
(RHCSA RHCE)