xen vm backup error.

Mrugesh Shah

Jul 22, 2015, 11:33:56 AM7/22/15
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am getting the attached error in xen script backup. It was working fine before a week but suddenly It is giving the error.

It would be great If anybody can help me on this.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Mrugesh C Shah

hemant khot

Jul 22, 2015, 10:53:05 PM7/22/15
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mrugesh,

Is there any changes regards with the path that you have mentioned previously and currently?? Because I can see that its not able to stat the files.Also ensure that the path or partition where you take backup is mounted or connected at the time of backup

--
Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before posting.

Thanks & Regards,
Hemant B. Khot (HBK)

Mrugesh Shah

Jul 23, 2015, 12:36:12 AM7/23/15
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hemant,

Backup path is perfect and all other VM backups are running fine. All backups are running from single script.

Only 3 VM's are getting error while backup.
Thanks & Regards,
Mrugesh C Shah

hemant khot

Jul 23, 2015, 2:28:32 AM7/23/15
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mrugesh,

In that case I feel your VM might have hanged , Please check the below links for quick reference

http://jansipke.nl/fixing-another-operation-involving-the-object-is-currently-in-progress-on-xenserver/
http://www.hafizpariabi.com/2011/09/unable-to-shutdown-hang-vm-on-xenserver.html
http://eitwebguru.com/another-operation-involving-object-currently-progress/   -----------------> as the attached document  includes this "Another operation involving the object is currently in progress class: VM.export"

Please share the feedback.

ElectroMech

Jul 27, 2015, 1:13:15 AM7/27/15
to vglug
Hi,

It seems from the error, the directory or file is not exist on either
source or destination.

Can you run the script manually with -x option and check what is the
output or error.

sh -x yourscriptname

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 8:26 PM, Mrugesh Shah <mruge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> --
> Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before
> posting.
>
> ---
> "VGLUG" group.
> email to vglug+un...@googlegroups.com.

Nilesh Vaghela
(RHCSA RHCE)
ElectroMech Corporation
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
Amazon aws consulting Partner
302, New York Plaza, Opp Judges Bunglow, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad
22, 1st Floor, Vardhaman Complex, Subhanpura , Baroda.
www.electromech.info