Accidentally sudo -R chown root:customgroup /

Umesh Upadhyaya

Jun 24, 2015, 11:32:37 AM6/24/15
to VG-LUG
Dear all,

Please help me in this regard.

I accidentally chown -R root:customgroup / and then withing 10 seconds, I cancelled it . Still I am facing some issues.
Can anyone suggest what should be done. Thank You.

Best Regards
---------------------------

Umesh Upadhyaya

jigar soni

Jun 30, 2015, 2:58:20 AM6/30/15
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It chooses files rendomly while changing permissions so you have to check for files manually which are having permissions given by you

Or You can search it via find command
for more info,man find

ElectroMech

Jul 1, 2015, 8:39:34 AM7/1/15
to vglug
Hi,

RPM command can help.
It can reset the default permission of all file provided by package.

Please check the following command.

rpm --setperms PACKAGE_NAME

Let me know any further help.
> --
> Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before
> posting.
>
> ---
> "VGLUG" group.
> email to vglug+un...@googlegroups.com.

Nilesh Vaghela
(RHCSA RHCE)
ElectroMech Corporation
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
302, New York Plaza, Opp Judges Bunglow, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad
22, 1st Floor, Vardhaman Complex, Subhanpura , Baroda.
www.electromech.info