Text-based installation for ubuntu server 14.04.2

chintan thakar

May 20, 2015, 12:21:12 PM5/20/15
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hi folk,

Greetings!

Scenario :

I am having access of DC(Data Center) through IPMI let say at XYZ location. Now on that DC there is one system which is installed with Ubuntu server 14.04.2 and I am having SSH access of it. I have set up PXE boot inside it and mount Ubuntu 14.04.2 inside to install in other systems. It is working correctly with all the installation steps.

Problem :

Now due to lack of Internet speed on my current location. I am getting screen display late for DC of XYZ location. So for that I am thinking of text-based installation of Ubuntu server 14.04.2 so that I can get fast response and its display properly.

I have tried UCK(Ubuntu Customization Kit ) and minimal.iso for my requirement but its not working at all. I am not getting text-based installation mode.

How do I boot Ubuntu  server in text base installation so that I can solve the hurdle of delaying display.

Is there any other solution for this kind of situations ?

Thank you so much in advance !

Regards,