TW5 - Question on Lazy Loading

schlu...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2016, 6:26:56 PM1/25/16
to TiddlyWiki
Greetings,

First time poster. I have been using TW5 for a while now and in the last few months I deployed using Node.js.

When I "Lazy Load" (--server 8080 $:/core/save/lazy-images) I experience unexpected behavior.

"Picture.jpg" is a tiddler created using the import feature via drag and drop of a JPEG image.

When I try and display this image in a tiddler via {{Picture.jpg}} it works as expected. The site is loaded lazily and when I access the Tiddler containing that code I see the picture inline.

However, when I include Picture.jpg in a tiddler via [img[Picture.jpg]] the picture does not show up. Likewise, <$image source="Picture.jpg"> behaves the same way. I have to first open the Tiddler Entitled "Picture.jpg" (the one created automatically from drag-drop-importing of the image file.) Once I open this "origin" tiddler then the image pops up everywhere.

I have tried the latest versions of Firefox and Google Chrome. I am running the latest version of TW5 (5.1.10.)

I am using TiddlyWiki for documentation and thus there is quite a bit of pictures on each tiddler I create. I have chosen TW for its ease of use and extensible nature. Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong or perhaps a method/work-around to accomplish my goal. I have search the webs all day to no avail.

Thank you.

schlu...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2016, 8:17:51 PM1/25/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Still looking for a reply but thought I might post what I have worked around thus far....

From the official docs: "You can also display an image stored in a tiddler by transcluding that tiddler. The disadvantage of this approach is that there is no direct way to control the size of the image."

Its ugly and way more than I want to type - but it does work (In both Firefox and Google Chrome.) The speed of documentation using the abbreviated markup language is one of the factors drawing me towards continuing to use TW5. I am hoping that someone can answer my above questions so I don't have to do this.

PMario

Jan 26, 2016, 2:46:45 AM1/26/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Welcome to the club!

Did you try canonical_uri setting? see: http://tiddlywiki.com/#ImageWidget
-m

schlu...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2016, 10:44:25 AM1/27/16
to TiddlyWiki
Well... to be honest with you I have not. I understood this setting is to access External Images.

What I am looking for is a workflow where I can import or drag and drop an image file and then be able to then load this in a tiddler. The image widget allows to set dimensions, alt text, etc --- everything works as you might expect --- except for Lazy Loading.

From the sounds of it; and after extensive googling; it looks like there might be nothing I have done to reach this unwanted behavior. You just can't reference imported images using [img[NameOfTiddler] and have the images display when lazy loading is enabled.

Could someone who knows please just confirm the veracity of this conclusion?

I like Tiddlywiki. I like the data entry the way it is --- but I don't want to be typing html. I like the fact that I can use html --- helps me quickly extend tiddlywiki to get around a niche limitation here or there.... but this feels more like a bug.

Anyone know?

BJ

Jan 27, 2016, 5:38:57 PM1/27/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi schlu...@gmail.com (that's what I see)

seems that you found a bug - I think there is a missing line of code in the img widget.

I'll post a bug, unless you would like the privilege?

all the best

BJ
Message has been deleted

schlu...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2016, 1:19:45 PM1/28/16
to TiddlyWiki
Oh, be my guest. I am new here and would probably submit the bug incorrectly or some such nonsense. Therefore I would be appreciative if you would handle the submission.

I'm glad this is a bug. I will be more glad if it gets fixed.

Thank you.

BJ

Feb 1, 2016, 8:50:35 AM2/1/16
to TiddlyWiki