New TW user, 2 questions

Christoph Ehrlich

Feb 9, 2017, 10:04:41 AM2/9/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

new TW user here. Awesome tool. I have spent months to find a suitable
note taking software until I finally found this. :)
I'm currently using the Node.js variant of TW.

I ran into 2 questions so far.

1) I created 2 new page toolbar buttons with their own icon, but I also
want to rearrange those buttons to a different position on the page
toolbar. I haven't found how that's possible yet, it seems to be a fixed
order with my 2 new buttons always being on the far right.

2) I also have a "Contents" tiddler as well as sidebar tab that shows
the tab hierarchy in an expandable menu (toc-selective-expandable).
Which is great. But I would like toc-selective-expandable to be expanded
by default. It's always collapsed by default. Is that possible to change?

Thanks for help.

--
Christoph Ehrlich

Andreas Hahn

Feb 10, 2017, 6:21:50 AM2/10/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Christoph,

1) You can use the list-after and list-before fields on a tiddler to influence in which order they are displayed. See [1] for more documentation on this.

2) Take a look at $:/core/macros/toc ... I am not sure how familiar with macros and widgets you are (I'm guessing not that much), but conceptually all that would be required is to reverse the logic on the <$reveal>-widgets in the toc macro, so that they are open by default. If you are unsure as to how to go about that, let me know and I'll help you get that set up when I have a little more time.

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions, let me know if something was unclear,

/Andreas

[1]
http://tiddlywiki.com/#How%20to%20add%20a%20new%20tab%20to%20the%20sidebar:%5B%5BHow%20to%20add%20a%20new%20tab%20to%20the%20sidebar%5D%5D%20%5B%5BOrder%20of%20Tagged%20Tiddlers%5D%5D

Christoph Ehrlich

Feb 13, 2017, 4:40:17 AM2/13/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreas,

that helps, thank you.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0957d7ef-c501-3afb-36f1-5e9f429245c8%40googlemail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0957d7ef-c501-3afb-36f1-5e9f429245c8%40googlemail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Christoph Ehrlich
PGP: D3CA 3696 33A3 35CB 67E7 16A3 19A7 071C FCD2 E8C5

stevesuny

Feb 13, 2017, 3:29:50 PM2/13/17
to TiddlyWiki, christop...@posteo.de
Hello Christoph - I'm always trolling the group for "new" tiddlywiki users, and I would invite you to check out the Design Write Studio (https://designwritestudio.updog.co), where we run an "open" class for those interested in exploring designing & writing interactive texts using TiddlyWiki .... //steve.