tefkat.plugin.TefkatPlugin.getResource defaults to XML/XMI?

joern.guy.suess

Oct 28, 2007, 10:03:21 PM10/28/07
to Tefkat
I have registered
platform:/resource/au.edu.uq.itee.mdavv.wrsa.foxbus.test2code/
transformations/test2code.qvt
as the transformation in a TransformationTask, and left the VarGroup
blank (do not know what is for).

The source is:

"
TRANSFORMATION test2code : uml -> rel

NAMESPACE http:///au/edu/uq/itee/mdavv/wrsa/foxbus/test.ecore
NAMESPACE http:///au/edu/uq/itee/mdavv/wrsa/foxbus/code.ecore
"

The resource factory apparently defaults to an XMI or XML encoding,
and I have the concrete syntax. The TefaktBuilder fails:

java.io.IOException: Could not load 'platform:/resource/
au.edu.uq.itee.mdavv.wrsa.foxbus.test2code/transformations/
test2code.qvt': org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed
in prolog.
at tefkat.plugin.TefkatPlugin.getResource(Unknown Source)

You can see from the stack that this is EMF demand load, defaulting to
SAX

Do I need a different filename extension? What resource factories does
the Tefkat plugin register (path? extension?) ...

michael lawley

Oct 28, 2007, 10:19:55 PM10/28/07
to Tef...@googlegroups.com
The Tefkat plugin registers its own resource factory for .qvt files so
the XML/XMI factories should not be used. Can you tell me what
version of Tefkat you're using and send me the .tefkatconfig file?

michael

David

Oct 29, 2007, 10:43:21 AM10/29/07
to Tefkat

I seem to recall that this kind of error can also be caused when the
transformation is being loaded correctly with the
TefkatResourceFactory, but there is an error in some transitively-
loaded resource (perhaps the loading of test.ecore and code.ecore, or
even another package referenced by those ecores). Since EMF uses
WrappedExceptions all over the place, errors tend to bubble up to the
real cause of the error. Launching the runtime workbench in debug
mode (and wading through EMF's obfuscated resource loading!) can
sometimes help identify the real cause.

However, there may be a simpler explanation :)

-David