SVA Southeast Region

Brian Hawthorne

Jun 16, 2008, 12:35:50 AM6/16/08
to Student Veterans of America
Hey everyone. Great to meet so many of you at the conference last
week. I feel like we accomplished a lot and are ready to move forward
with this great organization.

I was elected to be the Regional Director for the Southeast Region,
which includes the following states: Alabama, Florida, Washington DC,
Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina,
Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.

If you part of a group (or trying to form a group) in one of these
states, please contact me with the following:

Your Name (How you want it spelled, etc)
Your School, State, and City
Your Phone # and preferred email.

Optional: any success or failure stories you have on forming a group
or operating as one. If you have suggestions or words of caution,
please send them to me so I can put them out to the region.

I am going to be putting together a mailing list for our region, so I
want as many email addresses of student vets that you know as
possible, whether affiliated with a group or not. I promise I will not
inundate you with emails.

Next, I need the name of your school group's leadership, as best you
know it.

Finally, I need some of you and your colleagues to step forward to
help me out. I would like to appoint some state/local directors to
cover your areas more specifically. For example, if Jacksonville, FL
has 15 groups, there can be a Jacksonville director to more
effectively manage that load. Additionally, I would like two associate
directors to work under me, regardless of geographical location. There
will be times where I am unavailable due to training, etc, and will
need to delegate my authority. These two individuals will also help me
in setting up regional events and fielding the requests of the SVA
Executive Staff.

Please pass this around to your people and get back to me. The State
Directors and Associate Directors need not be in leadership positions
in their groups to take this on. They need only be interested,
motivated, and mostly available to answer emails.

My contact info is below. Call or email me anytime. Once the new
website is up I'm sure it will get much easier to disseminate good
info.

Be well,

Brian Hawthorne
Southeast Regional Director