GI Bill Passes Through the House

Derek Blumke

Jun 20, 2008, 12:09:53 PM6/20/08
to Student Veterans of America
SVA Members and Supporters,

Last night the House of Representatives passed the new GI Bill by an
overwhelming majority of 416 to 12. Please keep in mind that your work
played a big role in this. Your phone calls, emails, and office visits
truly paid off. As result, many of you and many more of our friends
currently serving, will be able to afford a first class education
without being forced to make the choice between books, tuition, or
food.

Remember the bill has not been passed into law yet, but we are getting
extremely close. The Senate should be voting on the bill early next
week and from there it goes to the President’s desk. I’ll keep you
updated, but if you have any questions in the interim don’t hesitate
to ask. Hope all is well, and hope to give you some more great news
early next week.

-Derek

Derek Blumke
President