S.22 Passes Through Senate

Derek Blumke

Jun 26, 2008, 10:14:53 PM6/26/08
to Student Veterans of America
All,

After more than a year-and-a-half from its introduction and more than
six months of advocacy by SVA, the fight for the GI Bill has nearly
come to an end. The hard work you had been doing seems to have paid
off. Just a few minutes ago the Senate passed Senator Webb and Hagel’s
“21st Century GI Bill” by a vote of 92-6!!! With any luck the bill
will be signed into law by the President next week, and will be
enacted sometime in the fall.

Thanks for all of your hard work and please remember to thank your
Representatives and members of Senate for their support, and for
listening and acting on what you had to say.

If you have questions about the bill, I would ask for you to please be
patient. We are working closely with Senator Webb’s office and will be
sending out information regarding the exact details of implementation
and the logistics of payments as soon as we have them. In the
meantime, please check at www.studentveterans.org and we will be sure
to keep you as up to date as possible. Thanks again and hope this
brightens up your Fourth of July holiday.
Best,

-Derek

Derek Blumke
President