GI Bill Vote This Week

Derek Blumke

Jun 23, 2008, 4:29:14 AM6/23/08
to Student Veterans of America
All,

Just wanted to send a brief message and a follow up from last week.

First, SVA just finished an event here in Los Angeles with Senator
Webb, Fund for Veterans Education (FVE), and several celebrities to
include: Robin Williams, Lisa Kudrow, Tony Shalhoub, and many others
to show their support for veterans and a new GI Bill.

As you probably already know, last week the GI Bill passed the house
at a vote of 416-12 and as I had mentioned, it is extremely possible
the GI Bill will pass through the Senate and could be signed into law
by the President by the 4th of July.

With that, we still need you and your friends and everyone you know
making calls to your United States Senator’s offices. Please call and
thank them for their continued support for veterans and let them know
that you want them to support the S.22 and would like to see it passed
through Senate by the end of the week.

Again, thank you for all you have done. Everyone in the leadership of
the Senate, the House, FVE, and everyone else involved with the GI
Bill attribute much of the current success and support of the “21st
Century GI Bill” to the grass root efforts and your hard work. Thanks
again and I look forward to giving you some more great news early this
week.
Best,

-Derek

Derek Blumke