Entrepreneurial Opportunity for Disabled Veterans

3 vaatamist
Liigu esimese lugemata sõnumi juurde

Victor

lugemata,
9. juuni 2008, 13:39:5709.06.08
kuni Student...@googlegroups.com,VoteVets
The following is an e-mail I received through a local network of Marines: Marines in Business

I don't know anything about this other than what is in the e-mail.  Looks like a superb opportunity for veterans at Syracuse, UCLA, Texas A&M and Florida State University.
June 5, 2008

In 2007, the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University
developed the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with
Disabilities (EBV: http://whitman. syr.edu/ebv/), an intensive
training program offering cutting-edge, experiential training in
entrepreneurship and small business management to post-9/11
soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines disabled as a result of their
service to our country. The intent of the EBV is to open the door to
entrepreneurial opportunity and small business ownership to our
veterans by developing their competencies in the many steps and
activities associated with creating and sustaining an
entrepreneurial venture, and by helping them coordinate their
efforts with programs and services for veterans and others with
disabilities. The EBV is offered entirely free to qualified,
accepted veterans.

We are pleased to announce that in 2008, the EBV program will expand
to three additional college campuses across the United States:
Florida State University, Texas A&M University, and the University
of California
at Los Angles (UCLA). Applications are now available
for the 2008 EBV program.

EBV PROGRAM

http://whitman. syr.edu/ebv/ about.asp

The EBV is designed around two central elements: a) focused,
practical training in the tools and skills of new venture creation
and growth, reflecting issues unique to disability and public
benefits programs; and b) the establishment of a support structure
for graduates of the program. The practical elements of the program
will involve three phases. Learn more

EBV Qualifications & Application Procedures
http://whitman. syr.edu/ebv/ apply.asp

The EBV program represents a unique opportunity for men and women
who have sacrificed for our freedom to take an important step toward
realizing their own freedom through entrepreneurship. The EBV
program is a rigorous and intense educational initiative that has
been created to make a difference. Accordingly, the application
process itself is rigorous and selective.

Applicants to the EBV must have served on active duty during any
period after September 2001, and have a 'service-connected
disability.' Successful candidates for admission will demonstrate a
strong interest in entrepreneurship, high motivation for owning and
managing a business, and a high likelihood of successful completion
of this intense training program. Learn more

For information regarding admissions, applications and
qualifications, contact:

Barb Buske, EBV Coordinator
Phone: (315) 443-8736
Email: ebvinfo@syr. edu

For information regarding program mission, goals, and for
partnership inquiries, contact:

Mike Haynie, PhD
Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship
Phone: (315) 443-3392