EOFError Timed out

hele...@move.com

Jan 16, 2018, 1:47:06 PM1/16/18
to PyScripter
Hi, I ran into this issue yesterday.
I write python with ESRI Arcpy most of the time. Yesterday I tested a script to process a large amount of shapes and the process involves query shapes and doing union geometry using Arcpy. Every time I ran to the process at  ~18505th feature , the program crashed, giving me a error message saying EOFError Timed Out. The pyscripter kind of freeze and shows it's in debug mode but nothing happen. I have to use task manager to shut it down.
I examined my codes and released every possible memory I can but kept running to the same problem. I ran the script on different set of data and it always crashes at about 18505 (the count goes from 18502 to 18507 at different times) count.
After about 10 times, I decided to run the script in command line, and this time it works. It ran all the way down without problem.

So i guess the timed out problem is somewhat with pyscripter. I'm not sure how, but is there a way to figure out where the problem is?

Thanks a lot.

PyScripter

Jan 16, 2018, 3:30:25 PM1/16/18
to PyScripter
Please try the latest version 3.2.0 and report back whether the error still exists.  There was a change in the remote engine communication that might help in these situations.