Greek character not persistent in Editor

David Walden

Oct 30, 2015, 11:30:37 AM10/30/15
to PyScripter

Hello, I am new to PyScripter and am using 2.6.0.0 x64 on Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried to use the Greek small letter rho U+03C1 as a variable name. It displays okay in the editor and after saving, but when I close PyScripter and launch it again, the character is replaced by Ï
I have tried Consolas 10 pt, Courier 10 pt, Courier New. None of those give persistent results. Thanks in advance.

BBands

Oct 30, 2015, 1:07:05 PM10/30/15
to PyScripter Group
I understand that Python 3+ fully supports unicode, but I would suggest that good programming practice would limit var, func, and class names to ASCII chars to ensure portability and readability: rho instead of U+03C1.

      John

David Walden

Oct 30, 2015, 5:11:17 PM10/30/15
to PyScripter