I just installed the "lettuce" WEB package, how do I tell where it was placed?

darkn...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2016, 2:54:37 PM11/23/16
to PyScripter
I just installed the "lettuce"  WEB package and PyScripter still does not find it when I try to import it. Now I know it is a path problem but I cant find where the PIP installed it. This has happened before and I have never resolved it. I tried to copy my path out of PyScripter but unfortunately the program wont let you to it easily.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

BBands

Nov 23, 2016, 3:02:25 PM11/23/16
to PyScripter Group
Do you have more than one version of Python and/or PyScripter installed?

     John

darkn...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2016, 2:51:55 AM11/24/16
to PyScripter
Yes I have Python 3.3 and 3.4 along with Anaconda installed.  Maybe that is the problem but its driving me nuts..

BBands

Nov 24, 2016, 10:05:15 AM11/24/16
to PyScripter Group
Most likely your package has been installed to only one of your Python distributions, the one that PyScripter sees. Not completely sure of how Anaconda interacts with PyScripter, but you should be able to issue a conda command to switch distributions. Then you could install lettuce for that distribution. With Python installed the regular way, PyScripter can chose which dist to use, but with Anaconda I think that you have to use the conda commands to switch.

Happy Thanksgiving to all 'Scripters!

    John

darkn...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2016, 10:55:51 PM11/24/16
to PyScripter
thanks John.. I found the file had apparently installed in Anaconda and not in PyScripter. I will reload again and see where it goes this time maybe the second time will be the charm.

Thanks for your help and Happy THanksgivnig to All

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 11:54 AM, <darkn...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just installed the "lettuce"  WEB package and PyScripter still does not find it when I try to import it. Now I know it is a path problem but I cant find where the PIP installed it. This has happened before and I have never resolved it. I tried to copy my path out of PyScripter but unfortunately the program wont let you to it easily.

BBands

Nov 25, 2016, 9:57:02 AM11/25/16
to PyScripter Group
lettuce is a Python package so when using Anaconda is should install in whatever conda virtual environment is currently selected. This conda cheat sheet might help you figure out what’s going on.

http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/cheatsheet.html

    John