remote interpreter prints certain strings in unexpected way

Bob Gailer

May 6, 2017, 12:01:06 PM5/6/17
to PyScripter
python 3.4.4
pyscripter 2.6.0.0.x64
Screen Shot of External Run properties attached

Remote interpreter prints certain strings in unexpected way. example:

[Dbg]>>> ' in the first blank-delimited word.\r\n \r\n  +————————&'
(' in the first blank-delimited word.\r\n'
 ' \r\n'

Which is a valid way of spanning string literal concatenation over several lines, but unexpected, (and undesired). I don't get that behavior from the Python interpreter in my regular Python 3.4.4 installation.

If I drop the first 25 characters I get:
[Dbg]>>> 'ted word.\r\n \r\n  +————————'
'ted word.\r\n \r\n  +————————'

Which I expect.

Drop anything less than 25 and I get the unexpected.

It seems to happen if (1) there is one or more \r\n and (2) the string length exceeds ~75

ScreenShot067.gif