64 Bit Python 3.6.1 with 64 Bit Pyscripter 2.6.0. Error "Python Could not be properly initialized"

mahesh hegde

Jul 19, 2017, 1:01:03 PM7/19/17
to PyScripter
I have Windows 8.1 on  64 bit laptop. Installed 64 bit Python 3.6.1 and then 64 bit Pyscripter 2.6.0. Both are Windows Installers and NOT portable installations. Python installation itself is working fine as vrified from the command line.

Tried starting Pyscripter - getting the error  "Python Could not be properly initialized, We must quit"

Any help in resolving this issue is highly appreciated.

Should I use a lower version of Python? Which versions of Python does Pyscripter support? Pyscripter site (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyscripter/files/) only says "version of Python greater or equal to 2.4".

Thanks,
Mahesh

Adan M

Jul 25, 2017, 2:20:12 PM7/25/17
to PyScripter
I'm having the same problem.  I finally got Eclipse and PyDev working but the console as not as clean and Eclipse is a resource hog so I'd like to have this simpler IDE available.

BBands

Jul 26, 2017, 12:08:06 PM7/26/17
to PyScripter Group
As far as i know Python 3.6.x is not supported yet by PyScripter.

For the latest version, do a normal install for your platform and then see this thread to get the updates exes.

Enjoy,

     John

naccardi41

Sep 16, 2017, 6:37:47 AM9/16/17
to PyScripter
I'm having the same problem. Using Python 3.6 (which I like using) on Windows 10. I tried using both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of PyScripter 2.7. Both give me the same error message 'Python could not be properly initialized. We must quit'. There doesn't seem to be a Pyscripter version compatible with the latest Python versions yet. If there is, it's a huge hassle to get it to work. Keep me updated and all the best.
Nicholas - Python beginner

syednajaf....@vitstudent.ac.in

Sep 16, 2017, 3:08:59 PM9/16/17
to PyScripter
please help
   on how to install  py scripter on windows 10 64

Jerry Garretson

Oct 2, 2017, 3:50:21 AM10/2/17
to PyScripter
PyScripter only supports up to Python 3.4.4 It may not be necessary, but I would uninstall 3.6.1 than definitely install Python 3.4.4 and give PyScripter another run. I hope this helps.

PyScripter

Oct 18, 2017, 12:13:30 AM10/18/17
to PyScripter
Python 3.0.0 with support for python 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7 is out.  See https://pyscripter.blogspot.com/ for details.