Command line parameters when running a Python app from within PyScripter

Stodge

Jun 21, 2007, 1:36:14 PM6/21/07
to PyScripter
One suggestion I'd like to make is to let the user provide command
line parameters per python file. Currently I can only specify one set
of parameters, so if I decide to run a different application from
within PyScripter, I have to specify new parameters.

One way to do this would be to add a menu item when you right click a
file's tab called "Run - command line parameters", which brings up a
dialog that lets me enter the params. These are saved for this file
only. It would save me some time.

There could be an option in this new dialog that I can select called
"Prompt for command line parameters before running". Sometimes I find
myself tweaking parameters, and the current method of setting them is
too long winded.

Thanks!

aap

Jun 21, 2007, 2:18:55 PM6/21/07
to PyScripter

On Jun 21, 7:36 pm, Stodge <sto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One suggestion I'd like to make is to let the user provide command
> line parameters per python file. Currently I can only specify one set
> of parameters, so if I decide to run a different application from
> within PyScripter, I have to specify new parameters.

I don't use parameters,
but I often switch between internal and external machine for different
programs,
so if you decide to change, please add the machine.

thanks,
Stef Mientki

Stodge

Jun 21, 2007, 10:11:48 PM6/21/07
to PyScripter
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by switching/adding machines.

aap

Jun 22, 2007, 3:21:54 AM6/22/07
to PyScripter
well you can run an application in PyScripter with the internal
machine (fast but not suited for example for most graphical
applications) or with one of the 3 external machines (slow, but works
good with most graphic applications). So it's a typical application
depending setting.

cheers,
Stef

PyScripter

Jun 22, 2007, 5:52:47 PM6/22/07
to PyScripter
This will be addressed through the project manager.

Archi

Aug 22, 2016, 6:37:57 PM8/22/16
to PyScripter, PyScr...@googlegroups.com, Stef.M...@gmail.com
my pyscripter keep running programs on the command prompt within the pyscripter.
please any idea on how to set it to open th original command prompt?