wrong python path - how to change???

Stivie K

Nov 11, 2017, 11:13:04 AM11/11/17
to PyScripter
installed a WinPython3.4.4.5 in addition and registered (because of missing packages of the other one, and 3.4.4.5 because of stable notepad) - now using Pyscripter (copied the first one). It runs the proper python version, but the path is still the old one (and this is not within the registry). Also PyQT not working (but system path is the right one). Is there any help. I would have tried the startupscript if I would know how to use it. Please Help - tx Stivie

Kiriakos Vlahos

Nov 12, 2017, 11:25:39 AM11/12/17
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com

On 11 November 2017 at 18:13, Stivie K <stivie.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
installed a WinPython3.4.4.5 in addition and registered (because of missing packages of the other one, and 3.4.4.5 because of stable notepad) - now using Pyscripter (copied the first one). It runs the proper python version, but the path is still the old one (and this is not within the registry). Also PyQT not working (but system path is the right one). Is there any help. I would have tried the startupscript if I would know how to use it. Please Help - tx Stivie

Dude408f

Dec 13, 2017, 1:37:22 PM12/13/17
to PyScripter
Hi everybody, I expect this is the right place for my post. I recently installed PyScripter but I'm having this problem:  I intended to use it for scripting for arcpy and I'd like to use Python 2.7, but PyScripter links himself to Python 3.6 and don't find arcpy module.  I'd appreciate help, I'm a begginer. Thanks!

  Dude

PyScripter

Dec 13, 2017, 5:35:45 PM12/13/17
to PyScripter
PyScripter installs a shortcut "PyScripter for Python 2.7".  So if you start typing in the Windows Start Menu "PyScripter" you should see the shortcut.  Please  pay also attention to the following

**Before** using PyScripter, you must ensure that there is a version of Python
greater or equal to 2.4 installed on your machine. Windows.  If you do not have one
installed, you can download one from http://www.python.org/.

The 64-bit version of PyScripter (x64) works only on 64-bit Windows **and**
with 64-bit versions of Python.  The 32-bit version of PyScripter works on both
32-bit and 64-bit Windows with the 32-bit versions of Python.
So if you are using PyScripter 32bit you will need to have installed Python 2.7 32bit and if you are using PyScripter 64bit you will need Python 2.7 64bit.

Finally have a look at http://www.deckerd26354.net/shared/PyScripterForArcGIS.htm for advice on how to set up PyScripter so that you use arcpy productively.