unable to write to C:\Users\bgailer\AppData\Local\Temp\Pys51D5.tmp.

Bob Gailer

May 6, 2017, 11:28:28 AM5/6/17
to PyScripter
When I click on Editor Options... in Tools->Options or in the editor context menu I get this error. however I can write that file using an editor.

I notice each time I try this the filename is different.

BBands

May 6, 2017, 3:31:29 PM5/6/17
to PyScripter Group
I think that is a likely a Windows permissions problem. C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\Temp\ is a read-only directory on my system. But, I am guessing that you may have a broken installation as we have never seen a similar problem reported. Windows version?

    John

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 8:28 AM, Bob Gailer <bga...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I click on Editor Options... in Tools->Options or in the editor context menu I get this error. however I can write that file using an editor.

I notice each time I try this the filename is different.

P.O.E.

May 7, 2017, 7:35:07 AM5/7/17
to PyScripter
Agree with BBands; have had issue very similar to yours with other software unrelated to programming/software development. Situation you're currently in definitely sounds like permissions related -try starting PS as admin and verify that it's not a rights issue with the IDE and let us know how it goes for you.

Bob Gailer

May 7, 2017, 11:48:27 AM5/7/17
to PyScripter
Windows 10
Run As Administrator - same problem.
Not a read-only directory. I can save a file into it from from the PyScripter editor.

BBands

May 7, 2017, 3:20:12 PM5/7/17
to PyScripter Group
Sorry, can't help. Stopped at Win7.

    John

Bob Gailer

May 9, 2017, 9:41:18 AM5/9/17
to PyScripter
Do the pyscripter developers ever read these posts? I have also emailed them the error report and have had no response.

These problems and lack of response have prodded me to once again use PyCharm, which I am starting to appreciate and enjoy!

BBands

May 9, 2017, 10:42:28 AM5/9/17
to PyScripter Group
Enjoy PyCharm!

     John

P.O.E.

Oct 19, 2017, 11:52:12 PM10/19/17
to PyScripter
Just recently, installed PyScripter 3.0 & Python 3.6 64bit editions in Windows 10 Pro 64bit Fall Creators' Update and performed a file write to user/appdata/local and everything worked out of the box. PyScripter functioned properly, the python module was saved correctly, and edit with PyScripter context menu option worked correctly from within the local appdata directory. Just an FYI and use case test for anyone interested.

PyScripter works with the absolute newest versions of Python and Windows 10 64bit Editions; enjoy!