System error - VCRUNTIME140.DLL is missing on Windows 7 Professional

Bob Woodall

Jan 18, 2018, 3:27:35 PM1/18/18
to PyScripter
Just downloaded and installed the new PyScripter and get this error when trying to launch.
VCRUNTIME140.DLL is missing

After clicking OK there is an additional error saying that Python could not be properly initialized.  I've installed the most recent version of Python as well.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob Woodall

Jan 18, 2018, 5:09:12 PM1/18/18
to PyScripter
O, Google to the rescue.  Had to download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio !  Works now.

Thanks.

PyScripter

Jan 18, 2018, 7:42:01 PM1/18/18
to 'Bob Woodall' via PyScripter
Hi Bob,

Good to hear that.  Normally this is installed by recent versions of Python, so I am puzzled as to why this happened, but since there was an easy fix, I probably should not worry about this.

Regards
Kiriakos