Strange mouse click / cursor placement behavior

Philipp Nagel

Jan 10, 2018, 10:37:35 AM1/10/18
to PyScripter
Hello and first of all, thank you for keeping Pyscripter up to date, I have tried pretty much all of the IDEs, and keep coming back to it, it's just so much nicer to work with.

Since the latest update (3.1.0.0 x86), I am experiencing a strange issue in the code editor. Maybe it's just a setting, but I don't even know what this behavior is called, so no idea what to look/search for.
Basically, before, when I click the mouse anywhere in a line after the text on that line, it would place the cursor on the last position behind the text. This seems to be standard behavior in all GUI text editors and word processors.
Now, it places the cursor in the actual click location, thus inserting apparently a number of spaces in between the end of text, and where I clicked. How do I revert back to the original click behavior?

PyScripter

Jan 10, 2018, 8:09:45 PM1/10/18
to PyScripter
You need to change the Editor option "Scroll past end of line".  It can be found by Tools, Options, Editor Options in the Options tab.
By the way this is standard behaviour in many  code editors.    The change in the default options was made to address this issue https://github.com/pyscripter/pyscripter/issues/718.  If you switch "Scroll past end of line: on you may wish to turn off "Trim trailing spaces".

Philipp Nagel

Jan 11, 2018, 12:10:48 PM1/11/18
to PyScripter
Thank you, that remedied my issue. I had never experiences this behavior in other code editors, but good to know.