Keyboard has stopped working only in PyScripter

ihube1969

Mar 12, 2018, 4:53:53 PM3/12/18
to PyScripter
Been using Pyscripter for years and really appreciate this great IDE.  Thank you.

I installed 3.2.2 recently but ran in to issues with raw_input never returning to the program, so I installed 3.1.0.0 which has been better with raw_input but I then did something where my keyboard is no longer working, I can't type or move the cursor with the arrow keys.  The Num Lock keys do work when Num Lock is on so I can type numbers, the space bar also works but nothing else on the keyboard is working...

Has anyone come across this and how did you fix it?

Thanks much.

PyScripter

Mar 12, 2018, 7:00:49 PM3/12/18
to PyScripter
I can confirm that, only when debugging, python input does not properly work in 3.2.2.  It works OK when running a script without debugging (Ctrl+F9).  This has now been fixed and the fix will be available in the forthcoming PyScripter 3.3 coming out real soon.

A more pythonic input (<<<) is also on the plans.

I have not come across the issue with the keyboard you describe.  I had no such reports.

ihube1969

Mar 13, 2018, 7:52:18 AM3/13/18
to PyScripter
Thanks, great to hear about the pending fix.

To resolve the keyboard issue I tried uninstalling and then re-installing but with no joy!  The weird thing is it works again this morning, I rebooted, closed pyscripter, etc!

ihube1969

Mar 14, 2018, 8:35:56 AM3/14/18
to PyScripter
FWIW - I uninstalled Pyscripter, cleaned the registry with CCleaner and removed all files in C:\Users\$USER\AppData\Roaming\Pyscripter, I then did a fresh installation and the keyboard issues is now resolved.  I've also inherited a very different looking Pyscripter (different colors etc...).

Leaving this just in case others have this issue.
Message has been deleted

tamumike

May 24, 2018, 9:22:24 AM5/24/18
to PyScripter