Re: BBC URDU TV IN Pakistan

1 view

Aly Kayfee

Feb 7, 2013, 8:56:43 AM2/7/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Im guessing they have….however, for a moment, lets say they haven't, what should be done??? File for a petition, or ask the CJ to take suo moto notice on it, get it shut down before its launch? For God's sake, can we not just let some thing good happen in Pakistan without someone pointing out the negatives…!

Regards,

Ali Kaifee
Director Operations
Eastern Tv News

From: <zafarjo...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 7 February 2013 4:52 PM
To: <PressP...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: BBC URDU TV IN Pakistan

BBC World Service is launching the first ever BBC Urdu TV programmes,Sairbeen, which will be broadcast by Express News in Pakistan.

From Monday 11 February, the BBC’s new TV programme in Urdu will air three times a week. We welcome it. But we are not aware as to BBC has rebroadcasting rights in Pakistan or not. We wonder how this programme can continue on a Pakistani TV if BBC has not sought permission from government of Pakistan to rebroadcast its programme in a country like Pakistan.

Has BBC taken measures to ensure uninterrupted programme on Pakistani TV channel?

--
Weekly Press Pakistan - Canada --> http://weeklypresspakistan.com
Follow Press Pakistan on Twitter --> http://twitter.com/PressPakistan

TazeenAkhtar

Feb 7, 2013, 3:20:06 PM2/7/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
No matter if BBC does not have persmission because many other channels like indian channels and their programmes are not allowed but our own cable operators and Pakistani channels are airing them.

Moreover what we are watching on our own channels is the worst in the world. None other can be so unprofessional, unethical and distrubing for us :-)

Tazeen Akhtar

Islamabad

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM, <zafarjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

BBC World Service is launching the first ever BBC Urdu TV programmes, Sairbeen, which will be broadcast by Express News in Pakistan.

From Monday 11 February, the BBC’s new TV programme in Urdu will air three times a week. We welcome it. But we are not aware as to BBC has rebroadcasting rights in Pakistan or not. We wonder how this programme can continue on a Pakistani TV if BBC has not sought permission from government of Pakistan to rebroadcast its programme in a country like Pakistan.

Has BBC taken measures to ensure uninterrupted programme on Pakistani TV channel?

--
Weekly Press Pakistan - Canada --> http://weeklypresspakistan.com
Follow Press Pakistan on Twitter --> http://twitter.com/PressPakistan
Like Press Pakistan on Facebook --> http://www.facebook.com/PressPakistan

Tazeen Akhtar
-----------------------------------
Editor
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

bilal yamin

Feb 8, 2013, 12:30:03 AM2/8/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Positive competition with international media will held the media industry in Pakistan. We all should welcome BBC in our country, as    the program Sehrbeen was a very credible & popular radio program in early 80s.

Muhammad Bilal Yamin
Bureau Chief, Islamabad
DIN NEWS TELEVISION

Muhammad Aslam Mir

Feb 8, 2013, 1:32:40 PM2/8/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com

I think Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority ( PEMRA) should issue a press release to end this debate once for all.

Muhammad Aslam Mir Bureau Chief , Dunya TV, Muzaffarabad, Azad Kashmir, Phone: 03444440231.

From: TazeenAkhtar <taze...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 01:20:06 +0500
Subject: Re: BBC URDU TV IN Pakistan

Hussain Naqi

Feb 8, 2013, 12:54:26 AM2/8/13
to pakistan press
there should be no such ban on any channel including indian. human beings right to know should be have no barriers icluding the barriers of national borders. as for our news channels and most of anchors and their employers happen to be embedded to internal and external establishments. they are paid to disinform vieweres,listeners and readers.
husain naqi

Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 01:20:06 +0500

Jamil Mirza

Feb 8, 2013, 6:46:32 AM2/8/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Infact BBC Urdu TV Improve our Electronic Media Journalism The Need of Today ..Jamil Mirza Daily Nai Baat Isb

Feb 8, 2013, 5:07:27 PM2/8/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
SOME CREDIBLE TV CH SHOULD ALLOW IN PAKISTAN TO IMPROVE OUR TV
JOURNALISM.AT THE MOVEMENT MOSTLY UN -EXPERIENCED PEOPLES ARE
DOMINATING AS A MAFIYA..

Rizwan Razi

Feb 8, 2013, 11:24:07 PM2/8/13
to Peress Pakistan Press Pakistan
I must say that only the BBC have permission for this broadcast and VOA dont which is still on air at many a channels of this country. It was only because BBC was registered in Pakistan as a media company in the name of BBC Pakistan.

Secondly, being a practitioner of broadcast and telecast media in this country, I have much doubt about the success of this program because many a programs which were consider to be hit of Radio, when came to TV, could not take off.

Best wishes for team Sairbeen but Talqeen Shah is one of prime example. All time radio hit can not get through at TV.

Cheers

Razi

Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 03:46:32 -0800
From: jamil...@yahoo.com

mhmedi...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2013, 7:58:03 PM2/8/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Indeed everybody welcomes positive competition but with certain rules and regulations.without PEMRA permission no local channel should air transmission of any foreign TV channel.

Regards
MH
*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: bilal yamin <bilaly...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:30:03 -0800

Rashida Sohail

Feb 10, 2013, 8:15:50 AM2/10/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com, <PressPakistan@googlegroups.com>
I agree to Ali...let it launch and come into the competition with Pakistani Channels

Amir Wasim

Feb 10, 2013, 1:17:15 PM2/10/13
to Press Pakistan
By the way, what other local channels have been doing. Shut down all the news channels, allow only PTV and then everything will be all right in the country.

Amir Wasim
Dawn.

From: namrahs...@gmail.com
To: PressP...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:15:50 +0500
CC: PressP...@googlegroups.com

TARIQ KHAN

Feb 10, 2013, 3:26:11 PM2/10/13
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Agree  or  do  not agree.  No  journalist,  Anchor, Media  Lord,  Editor, Reporter  etc is  a  qualified  professional.  Media  Lords  are  worst than  the  ' Politicians'.  Both have  no  kinds  of  training  in  their  particular  working  field.  What  are  the  qualifications  of  MKR, MJR,MSR/ Mir  Ibahim,  MN, Rameeza  ' Nizami'  or  MURS/OS/ ZIA Sahid,  Iqbal  Memon , Lakhanis  etc.
In  the  developed countries  never ever  a  pakistani  media  is  mentioned.  Developed  Countries  Media  always send  their  well  educated  and  trained  Journalists.... WHY.   Please  Think....  Tariq Khan.

From: amir...@hotmail.com
To: pressp...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 23:17:15 +0500

Aslam Butt

Feb 10, 2013, 4:41:23 PM2/10/13
to press pakistan
This situation reminds me again those days of my childhood when the captain of our cricket team used to be the boy to whom the bats adn wickets belonged irrespective of the question whether he could play well or not~!!! same is the case of all CHIEF EDITORS who are chief editors because entire LUGGAGE belongs to them irrespective of the question whehther they could write one error free sentence either in English or Urdu Language~!!!!
Aslam Butt.

To: pressp...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 15:26:11 -0500

Abdullah Farooqui

Feb 10, 2013, 10:35:13 PM2/10/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
As a part of BBC. i can assure that there is no competition with local channels. we are coming onair at 2300hrs thrice a week so how can we come in competition. Its just a improvised TV version of radio sairbeen. its all about taking news with unbiased and different perspective. Thats it.
M. Abdullah Farooqui
Cell: 0092-21-333-2195363

Zareena Qureshi

Feb 11, 2013, 1:57:16 AM2/11/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
i fully agree there is so much talent in Pakistan and ptv can be a very popular and can become a vital channel why we need geo tv 1 bla bla i want to be a part of only PTV AS I BELIEVE ON PAKISTAN AND ALL PEOPLE WHO WANT A GOOD AND HEALTHY PAKISTAN SHOULD BE IN  FAVOR  OF PTV WHAT THAT DR SHAISTA AND DR LIAQUAT DOING ON geo is just very objectionable Geo spends a lot on set decoration make ups and costumes so many are dying every day in Pakistan not due to talibans  but hunger unemployment disease and countless economic  problems oh pl, wake up Pakistan not for shaista but for those who are dyning so pl ptv wake up bring new faces and pl be modern and quick channel and cover all topics from A-Z thanks

Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 15:26:11 -0500

ikram ghouri

Feb 11, 2013, 7:24:56 AM2/11/13
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
BBC is a war chanel and biast against Islam and liers on 9/11 and
Irak war as they get money from white house. CNN and BBC are only war channels.