FW: The Trail run to Dreamaway

Dave Hall

Oct 30, 2013, 11:49:35 AM10/30/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
FYI, this sounds like fun.  The run starts at Kirvin Park at 12:30 on Saturday Nov 23rd and goes to the Dreamaway Lodge through the trails.  About a 10 miler and some pretty good trails.   They have to let the Dreamaway know how many are coming, so let me know if you are coming and I'll let the organizers know.  Once we figure out who is going we can arrange cars.

Coach Dave

My buddy's response to opening it up to more people:

"I say the more the merrier and safer. It will be the last day of bear season . So hunters orange is in order. I would need to know how many people to expect so I can give the dream away a heads up. If we start at 1230 we'd probably be getting there just before 3. They don't open until 5 but as long as we tell them we're coming they'll still serve us beer as early as 3."

Theresa

Oct 30, 2013, 12:25:51 PM10/30/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
This sounds like fun

Sent from my iPhone

Fred Pilon

Oct 30, 2013, 12:54:38 PM10/30/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
Might need snowshoes for this run. :-)

___________________________
Fred Pilon
Photon Fanatic, Inc.
880 East Street Unit 9B
Lee, MA 01238

Daniel Damasca

Oct 30, 2013, 7:29:31 PM10/30/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com

I just picked this up mid thread. What exactly is being organized? It sounds like a lot of fun. Is it a race? Or just a group run? I would love to go

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Oct 31, 2013, 12:48:59 PM10/31/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
Dave,
Point to point run where we drop cars at the Dreamaway Lodge? I put this in my calendar.  Can you keep us posted?  Thanks.
Dave
dmurphy.vcf

Theresa

Nov 3, 2013, 7:50:39 PM11/3/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
What about really slow people? Will you leave us behind for cougar bait?

athomewi...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2013, 10:58:06 PM11/3/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely count me in Dave...looking forward to it!! Thanks- Kathie

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

Nov 21, 2013, 7:04:27 PM11/21/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
Ok.  Time to commit.  Not a race. Just a group run.  Let me know right away so we can work out cars.  Meet at Kirvin at noon.

Coach Dave

Fred Pilon

Nov 21, 2013, 7:17:45 PM11/21/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning on doing the run. Most likely my wife will drop me off at the park and pick me up at the Dreamaway, so you won't have to worry about shuttling me back.

Fred

Theresa

Nov 21, 2013, 7:48:26 PM11/21/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
Fred, would Colette be going home by the park again after she picks you up, or heading thru Becket? I'm hoping to be able to get there in time to do run (swimming lessons with grandkids makes schedule a bit tight)
Theresa

Fred Pilon

Nov 21, 2013, 7:55:27 PM11/21/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
The shortest route home would be through Becket, not back to the park. How would that help you though, if she were to head to the park?

___________________________
Fred Pilon
Photon Fanatic, Inc.
880 East Street Unit 9B
Lee, MA 01238

Theresa

Nov 21, 2013, 7:57:43 PM11/21/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
I don't plan on hanging around at Dreamaway, just going back home.  Was going to ask hubby to come and get me, but if she were going that way......Don't change your route however.  Hopefully I'll see you Sunday

Theresa

Nov 21, 2013, 7:57:58 PM11/21/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
SATURDAY!!

Fred Pilon

Nov 21, 2013, 8:39:27 PM11/21/13
to PioneerRu...@googlegroups.com
Oops, I forgot that I had committed to doing a O-meet in New York this Saturday, the Empire Orienteering Club Championships, so I won't be able to make this run after all.