Lord Colgrain

Leigh Rayment

Feb 12, 2008, 8:31:41 PM2/12/08
to Peerag...@googlegroups.com
I understand that David Colin Campbell, 3rd Baron Colgrain, died on 7th February, aged 87.

Phoen

Feb 13, 2008, 2:30:22 AM2/13/08
to Peerage News
He is survived by a daughter and a son, Alastair Colin Leckie Campbell
(born 1951), who succeedes in the barony. The new baron himself has
two sons, the heir apparent Thomas Colin Donald Campbell (born 1984)
and Nicholas Robin Campbell (born 1986).

~~~~~
Phoen

Donald Draper Campbell

Feb 13, 2008, 8:20:17 AM2/13/08
to Peerage News
Leigh:

Where did you find source of this information?

Leigh Rayment

Feb 13, 2008, 6:20:32 PM2/13/08
to Peerag...@googlegroups.com
I heard this from a correspondent who has always been totally reliable

Leigh Rayment

Feb 15, 2008, 4:24:12 AM2/15/08
to Peerag...@googlegroups.com
Apparently there was a private notice in The Times. My correspondent put his
papers out for recycling but he thinks it was Monday-ish.

Feb 15, 2008, 4:55:04 AM2/15/08
to Peerage News
On 15 Feb, 09:24, "Leigh Rayment" <lraym...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Apparently there was a private notice in The Times. My correspondent put his
> papers out for recycling but he thinks it was Monday-ish.

There was indeed.

"COLGRAIN - 3rd Baron. David Colin Campbell peacefully at home, aged
87 years on 7th February. Beloved husband of Sheila and loving father,
step-father and grandfather. A family cremation will be followed by a
Service of Thanksgiving at St Mary, Ide Hill, nr Sevenoaks on Monday
18th February at 2.30 pm. Family flowers only, please, but donations,
if desired, to Hospice in the Weald, c/o Welham Jones Funeral
Directors, 156 London Road, Sevenoaks, TN13 1DJ. Tel: 01732 742400."

(You can search the private announcements in The Times for the last 28
days at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/court_and_social/the_register/
)

bx...@yahoo.com

Feb 15, 2008, 8:08:36 PM2/15/08
to Peerage News
The new baron's wife was a niece of the late 2nd Baron Bruntisfield.

Brooke
> > I understand that David Colin Campbell, 3rd Baron Colgrain, died on 7th February, aged 87.- Hide quoted text -

bx...@yahoo.com

Feb 17, 2008, 12:30:03 PM2/17/08
to Peerage News
The late baron's daughter, Hon Virignia Mackay-Lewis (b. 1948), passed
away in 2001.

Her survivors included her husband and children (2 sons and 1
daughter).

(per Debrett's 2003)

Brooke